Sign in to follow this  
Triple2Signs

MH871 messing up!!

It was working fine until this morning and now the blade just drags around instead of lifting up like it's suppose to and leaves lines all over the vinyl. I tried adjusting the spring in it but it didn't help anything other than the height of the blade while cutting. I need this fixed asap, in the middle of doing a race car.

3 things there is a test on here using a 9 volt battery to test the carriage - that narrows it down between the carriage and the motherboard

second create a support ticket under USC main page to start the process with them

3 might want to remove the bottom cover and make sure all of the wires are still connected to the boards and haven't wiggled loose

if carriage isn't lifting then probably carriage or motherboard

Thanks man, i read some where else on here shortly after my post that their tech support is kind of bad. I hope this isn't true! I am in the middle of a $500 race car design that's already been paid for and i can't afford to not finish it.

After you make some change with the current cutter upgrade to a Graphtec - you will not believe the difference in how fast, accurate, quiet they are!

I cant afford a Graphtec though. I barley could afford this one and if it doesn't get fixed to do a couple more smaller jobs, i'll be royally screwed. Already not gonna get to race this season because of buying the cutter and supplies.

once you get it fixed you will make the money in no time - just put a little back for the future cutter.  I started with a p-cut then refine then copam and now graphtec

I cant afford a Graphtec though. I barley could afford this one and if it doesn't get fixed to do a couple more smaller jobs, i'll be royally screwed. Already not gonna get to race this season because of buying the cutter and supplies.

before you feel like your totally screwed on this job.And lose it.  here is an option,  sub the job out to someone on here and have it mailed to you.  Just a thought. Then you won't lose out.  Hopefully your just  using standard colors.. 

Thank god i am only using standard colors. The customer i am doing the race car for has a vinyl cutter also. He might let me finish it with his, dunno though, he's kind of hard to get ahold of sometimes.

Either way, i am totally screwed cause that cutter is the only income i have and without it, i cant do anything. Sadly i can't put my race car together or finish my garage now until this thing is either fixed or replaced. Oh well, i still have some of my life left, lol. The real bad thing is, i have 30 more cars lined up to do next month.

I am praying that US Cutter will atleast replace parts to fix it. I have only had it for six months, so?

Not to burst your bubble,   but,  Six months or so depends on your warranty. and whether you bought if off of their EBAY ad or the US cutter site.  .  and how much you have left.   Yes they have parts though, 

Not trying to be a jerk because this is not my business but :

1- if you have 30 cars waiting for jobs ...... get some money upfront and get you another cutter, or try to finance one. Also if you making a living out of this, you should have the proper equipment, not "hobby-level" stuff. I do have a 871 too and I knew it was a crappy cutter when I bought it, but I just wanted to practice before spending the big bucks.

2 - complete your profile, that way people would know where are you located and might be willing to let you use their cutter or help you in any other way.

Hope you get this fixed soon  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Not that's it's any of my business but if you can't afford a better cutter because you don't have any money than I really don't think you should even be thinking of racing yourself.  Also as stated "if" you have 30 more cars lined up then you'd better think of getting a better cutter some way, somehow.

I was going to mention the "racing" thing too, but didn't want to come across rude, but no you did it first I'm fine :thumbsup: