Sign in to follow this  
VIPvinyl.com

What do you use for shipping large decals?

as of right now, 99% of all the stickers i sell online are either small enough to fit in a standard envelope, or the larger ones, i fit in a 11x13" catalog mailer size envelope. i want to start selling larger pieces, but i have no clue on how to ship them, and what would be cheapest. for example, a banner for the front windshield of the car, that would be around 5' long by 1' tall. thanks in advance for the input!

I always have better luck rolling transfer paper side out.

Also I buy 36" long 4" diameter tubes from uline and extra end caps, you can cut them down just the size you need, and 36" will accommodate anything I would want to ship. 

I would stay away from smaller diameter tubes....have had some bad things happen when rolling that tight when I first started shipping.  The bigger the diameter the better, and most things under 13 oz will ship parcel post for a couple bucks no problem in tubes.

Yep, Paper out and try to roll as lose as possible. I haven't had any problems doing it like this.

Guest kenya

I save & use the empty tubes from my vinyl.

I just make ends using cardboard & tape it to them.

Also, when I have my vinyl shipped to me, I reuse the boxes if they are not beat up. I always cut them longways & turn them inside out, so that they are just brown boxes.

I don't ship many items right now, so this works for me.

Remember recycle.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Also, when I have my vinyl shipped to me, I reuse the boxes if they are not beat up. I always cut them longways & turn them inside out, so that they are just brown boxes.

Remember recycle.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I do the same things as well....alot most of my work is off the net and mail order so they never seem to last long.  Oh well good problem to have!

Remember recycle.  B) 8)

in the past I have pulled the tab apart on boxes and turned them inside out and hot glued them back together to recycle

Any body shops close? They get in big items in big boxes all the time. They have to throw them away. I got a order for a 18" x 94" decal and the body shop it was for got a front bumper facia in the day before and i grabbed the box and cut it down. Put their decal in it and sold it back to em. ;D