Soul Reaper

removable vinyl

I had a guy come in and ask if we could do some graphics for his car. No problem i said. Well turns out he is wanting to paint his car with one color then apply the graphics and respray the car. He will remove the vinyl when he is done.

I have seen it done on shows, but they apply a paper and do it all by hand. Is there material we can use in the cutter to do the design? What is that material? it just looks like transfer paper to me, but i never asked anyone. The design is complex so he doe not want to draw it by hand. The paint will be about a day old when he puts the Vinyl on so it needs to come off so he can spray topcoat on the car.

Any help would be great.

THXS,

S.R.

There is a vinyl that is called spray mask, made for what you want.

I think you boys may have a different name for it.

thanks guys,

MrMopar64

how long did you wait to put on the letters oafter the first coat of paint? i want to make sure i give correct info. did yoy have any residue from the vinyl?

Joe dirt i need to lay out the graphics. will get back to you if i can get away with that wide. I might need 24" at the sound of things.

THXS,

S.R.

Love this fourm. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's been about 5yrs but I'd say I waited a couple hours... It will depend on what kind of paint they are using... I used House of Kolor

It should tell in the paint info for the brand they are using how long to wait before tape out

As far as the vinyl there was nothing left behind to clean up

Good Luck

MM64  :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of the finished car

post-7094-12986550659472_thumb.jpg

post-7094-12986550670085_thumb.jpg