Sign in to follow this  
graphicguy

few things I made

the tiles/coasters are 4x4 and can be found at both Lowes and Home Depot.  Sorry about the pics...its tough to get a good shot of the mirror.  The tiles are sandblasted from the back and the mirror has the "B" blasted in the back with silver vinyl applied to the front.

post-2440-12986550215414_thumb.jpg

post-2440-12986550215658_thumb.jpg

post-2440-12986550227723_thumb.jpg

post-2440-12986550227853_thumb.jpg

love the top 4!

the B design is a bit busy for me and kind of hard to read... but that might just be the photos

top ones for me too  ;) ;)

Are those glass tiles and 4x4, is that what you said ?

How much are those at lowes ? Perfect gift idea  ;D

top ones for me too  :rolleyes: ::)

Are those glass tiles and 4x4, is that what you said ?

How much are those at lowes ? Perfect gift idea  :thumbsup:

Sorry about the delay....yes they are glass tiles.  The stores in my area only have three colors to chose from.  If I recall they cost about $2 each.

I have thought about doing coasters from tile but was wondering if they would need to be sealed or anything.  If you sit a glass on the vinyl it looks like after time of getting wet the vinyl would start lifting.  What is you opinion on this?  Would you just use wal-mart clear coat on top?

Thanks

Kim

I have thought about doing coasters from tile but was wondering if they would need to be sealed or anything.  If you sit a glass on the vinyl it looks like after time of getting wet the vinyl would start lifting.  What is you opinion on this?  Would you just use wal-mart clear coat on top?

Thanks

Kim

It probably wouldn't hurt to seal if the vinyl is applied to the top of the tile.  Although I know it has been a topic on this forum and some members had trouble with the sealant coming off.  You can do a search to learn more.

The glass tiles I made were sandblasted from the back to remove the thin layer that gives the tile its color.  It also etches into the glass and gives it a slight 3-D effect when viewed from the front.