Hi, when trying to cut 42 mil (.042) blast stencil, the material wants to twist sideways on the cutter as if one of the grit wheels is not feeding, although it is. Also, the cutter is not cutting clean, rough edges. Can someone give me a guideline as to cutting speed and pressure? And, any other info that could help with my problems?

Thanks,

Buck

If the feed is not right,that's more than likely the problem with the straighness of your cut.It sounds like one of the pinch rolllers has the tension set tighter than the other.You can take a small phillips screwdriver and adjust the tensions so that they are even.That should help with the cutting as well.

[glow=red,2,300]Here is how I like to set up my pinches [/glow]

One and the end One at the begining and one maybe about 10 inches in or so .....  Hey its what I like

mh721.jpg?t=1172076059

Thanks to both of you guys for your info. This is a Copam CP-2500, do you think I'm trying to cut too thick material with this cutter? It seems it should cut it although it is .002 thicker than the recommended thickness for the cutter.

Thanks again,

Buck

Well if you are cutting som ethink stuff you should try to change your blade if you are having jagged edges ! 

SO I say

1 change your blade

2 check your tension as billy said

3 play with your placements with your pinches

Good luck

[glow=red,2,300]Here is how I like to set up my pinches [/glow]

One and the end One at the begining and one maybe about 10 inches in or so .....  Hey its what I like

mh721.jpg?t=1172076059

Did anyone else find the humor in this?

Reminds me Of my Parting Days Now that I think about it !!  ;D

Just the Other way around though  :huh: