Sign in to follow this  
JLDesigns

Just received Sunie press...question?!

Curious on when using the Sunie press, should the handle stay down during the time of pressing?  For some reason mine won't lock down when pressing and curious if someone could give me some insight into this.  Thanks!

either too much pressure or not enough - if the handle goes parallel to the work surface then add pressure

Even after adjusting the pressure like you mentioned still not locking.  Also, my top platen is wobbly no matter the pressure...is this normal?

I would contact Sunie if the handle isn't staying down.  I haven't seen anyone ever report that issue in this forum regarding that happening, but it does come with a warranty.  The top platen is normal as it needs to be able to move.

Guest manwayvan

Hey I received my sunie the day before yesterday. Is there a way to know how much pressure to use since there is no digital display for pressure. It still sounds like your pressure isnt set properly enough to lock.It does require a lot of downward pressure on the handle to get it to lock too.

when down it should not wobble at all - if it does still too much pressure - but if you cannot get the handle all the way down then I would guess it has too much pressure to get to the locking point

The top platen definitely should not be moving while pressing.  If it's moving when the handle is down, the top platen needs to be adjusted in order to make proper contact with the lower platen.