Sign in to follow this  
K STYLEZ

Total Noob from Chicago's NW burbs

Howdy!!!

Name's Karl.  I own a speed shop/performance part manufacturer out here in the far NW burbs of Chicago, almost to the cheddar curtain (Wisconsin border).  We had been paying thousands a year in vinyl for placement on our products, giveaways to customers, and lettering our own street and race cars.  After happening upon UScutter website, I found that pricing on the plotters had plummeted since I first looked years ago.  It made excellent economical sense once we reviewed our expenditures in the last year.

We ended up with a UScutter Laserpoint 24 around the first of this year.  Also grabbed the Flexi software, which so far has proven to be impossible to install.  We've been using Corel since the early 90's, so we use that and then dump into SignBlazer, which while rather rudimentary, seems to get the job done.  Grabbed a bunch of the GreenStar films so far, and they seem relatively nice, nicer than the BGS sample stuff, thats for sure.

We predominantely do auto work though.  Is the Greenstar up to the task?  It's our logo out there, so I want it to last and look good.  Should I be looking at a cast film?

Anyways, good to be on board, and look forward to conversing with all of you!!!

I started using Greenstar soon after USC started using it.  So far I have been very happy with it.  It seems to be a great product, especially for the price.  I am hoping that it will hold up well also.  It should since it very similar in many ways to 651.

Gary

Welcome from Michigan

When in doubt on the the vinyl go with the default gold standard of Oracal