cbsuperduty

First shirt with JPSS & Epson WorkForce 1100

This is the first shirt with JPSS & Epson WorkForce 1100. It is in memory of a buddy that we truck pulled with that was killed last year. Him and his wife have a pulling truck called the Bad Kitty and it is pink. I was happy with how it turned out (Next time I will do it bigger as the shirt was a 4xl). Done with the factory inks.

post-465-12986550052745_thumb.jpg

post-465-12986550053207_thumb.jpg

post-465-12986550072498_thumb.jpg

post-465-12986550072842_thumb.jpg

Guest debogus

Nice

Did you contour right to the edge of black ?

I cant see any polymer shadow  :thumbsup:

I was wondering the same thing, that's a clean cut press with paper, but I heard the jpss was self-weeding, or some of it is. And that was with the stock pigment inks?

Kevin

Guest manwayvan
:rolleyes: great job and ya was this contour also mind sharing with paper you used? I have the workforce 30 with a CISS and have a heatpress on the way so this would be great

Thanks... No contour cutting. Just loosely cut with sissors by hand. If you look at the shirt closely you can see a little polimer (can't see it in pictures). Not sure if that will go away once it is washed.

Yes it was the factory stock pigment ink that came with the printer. The paper was JetPro SoftStretch (JPSS).

Mainly posting so that people that are looking to do this sort of thing can have a visual reference as when I was looking into it I couldn't find anything. Actually the logo on the front came out better but it is one that is copy-righted so I figured it best not to post pictures of it.

Thanks again,

Chris

Guest manwayvan

THanks alot I ordered a 100 sheets of the Sofstretch from ebay for 56.00 with free shipping hope to get the same results..lol

That looks awesome. I have been looking into doing this and have a lot of questions I have been trying to find answers for. What program did you design it in? Is pigment ink what you want to use for t-shirts? Have you done any dark shirts yet and if so do you see more of the transfer due to using scissors?

Thank you,

Christi

JPSS is meant for white shirts, so no, I have not tried any darks. I used Photoshop and Illustrator to create that (probably could have done it all in AI but I am more comfortable at PS). Yes Pigment Ink is what you want for shirts.

I'll chime in real quick about shirts of color.  I just got done doing some 3"x3" graphics on a gray and light tan shirt.  If you look closely at the tan shirt, you can see the remnants of the transfer paper in the blank spots and on the gray it shows up a little more to the point that I would trim if at possible.

I'll chime in real quick about shirts of color.  I just got done doing some 3"x3" graphics on a gray and light tan shirt.  If you look closely at the tan shirt, you can see the remnants of the transfer paper in the blank spots and on the gray it shows up a little more to the point that I would trim if at possible.

On light colors like gray, tan, pink, etc. if you can enclose the design in a square or oval border the discoloration barely shows.  Or use a solid black background shape and cut to the edge before pressing - I have shirts I did 3 years ago that still look fine. Not sure I'm loving the Epson 1100 yet...seems to use way more ink than the C88 did : (

Di

Thanks Volley Chic for the info. That is a great idea. What type of ink are you using in your 1100? I just ordered mine yesterday and it is on its way. Where do you get your JPSS from?

Thank you,

Christi

Hi Christi! Right now I have OEM Epson ink in the 1100 but only because I messed up. I had been using the refillable cartridges with pigment inks in my C88 for a while so I got them for the 1100. I assumed they were refilled the same way (they were not) and messed one up so they wouldn't work. I had a job to get done asap so I bought the Epson cartridges and probably lost money on that job since I barely got the transfers done and they were empty : ( I just ordered another C88 and CIS system for transfers, but I'm sure I'll use the 1100 for stickers and other things. I get my JPSS from tshirtsupplies.com, super fast shipping and great prices. I also use their Jet Wear Dark for my opaques and do the shape thing with them as well...I've cut way too many ovals/rectangles in the last couple years! But they're the best opaques I've found, the colors stay strong and the feel is a little plastic-like but not bad at all.  Good luck and feel free to pm me if I can be of help.

Di

Guest kenya

Older post, but I just wanted to say that I printed on JPSS today & applied it to a white cotton shirt, using my new Epson 1100 with pigment ink. I got absolutely awesome results.

I even washed the shirt with alittle bleach.... it didn't bleed & looks amazing.

JPSS is the best.  :D:thumbsup:

What temp did you heat your press to before pressing? I did one shirt and for some reason just the left part didn't seem to go on good. It was a bit cracked looking. I know I have an older press so it could be due to pressure on that side not being the same although I have had no problems with vinyl at all.

Thank you,

Christi

I press JPSS at 375 for 30 sec, firm pressure. Vinyl like Siser Easyweed is pressed at 302 for 15-20 sec, med pressure.

Thanks I will have to give that a try tomorrow. What do you have your printer setting at for the paper type when printing a JPSS? like matte paper?

Thanks,

Christi

I use just plain paper setting. Are you using Epson Durabrite ink? If so, you may want to change the color to Yellow -15, Magenta +5, Cyan +5 (if you're experiencing the yellow turning green-ish when heated). I usually lower the saturation just a bit too.

Guest kenya

I'm using pigment ink & have it set on photo paper.

I'm using pigment ink & have it set on photo paper.

plain paper setting

They recommend plain paper setting but then in the print setting I have selected photo quality, If I remember correctly I think it puts to much ink down on the photo paper setting?

Thanks. I am using the ink that came with the workforce 1100. The picture I printed didn't have yellow in it but thank you for letting me know that for future refrence. Where do I change those at?

Okay so plain paper and photo quality..Got it. You guys are great.

Christi

Looking at my print options in my workforce 1100 there is ultra premium photo paper glossy, premium photo glossy, photo paper glossy, premium photo paper semi-glossy and premium presentation paper matte. Which would I choose the last one because it is matte?

Thank you,

Christi