Sign in to follow this  
jhelms

spelling

I noticed why should any of us be anywhere near the sign business look at all of our topics and replys, starting with myself first none of us know how to spell at all, LOL your friend jhelms

That's why we have Spellcheckers and Friends to proof our work. Never said you have to be a genius to be in the sign business. Even though i am.....Wanna see my card?;D? LOL

Kevin

Sarconastic between this topic and OK word your all about yourself today good thing its Friday, Have a good weekend jhelms

Some days you gotta cut loose, and have a nice time. When things get real stressful, i come here to unwind and relax a little.

Kevin

I am often tempted to correct bad spelling on here..but usually don't. When I was a boy, they actually taught spelling in school. Do they still?

I am often tempted to correct bad spelling on here..but usually don't. When I was a boy, they actually taught spelling in school. Do they still?

Yeah from the looks of it I was a boy about the same time as you... And yes they taught spelling but some of us didn't have to good sence to pay attention  ;D

Thank god for Franklin spelling ace

MM64  ;D

I'm 18. Last time I had a spelling test was in 6th grade. But yes, up until then we had weekly spelling tests. I actually won the 6th grade spelling bee...makes me feel like a nerd. At least I can spell though. haha

I definitely have no room to talk about anyone on spelling and grammar.  I thought my Grammar wasn't bad until I worked 3 ft from a executive secretary for 3 years and found I am not qualified to talk at all.

I definitely have no room to talk about anyone on spelling and grammar.  I thought my Grammar wasn't bad until I worked 3 ft from a executive secretary for 3 years and found I am not qualified to talk at all.

um..that should be 'not qualified to speak at all'    ;D

um..that should be 'not qualified to speak at all'    ;D

more proof! ;D

I once actually stopped dating a girl because her spelling was so bad. I mean, really bad. I knew it was only a matter of time before I went nuts on her.

Guest kenya

You guys are killing me !!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have to say, I always have my hubby proof my layouts (before I cut).  ;D

Just yesterday, I had a rush banner to make. The customer actually wanted- HOME GROWN GARDEN'S put on it.  ;D ;D

I tried & tried to explain the 's is not correct.

The man even asked his wife & she agreed with him. So I made it the way that they wanted it, but hated do it.

The Home Grown Garden's what?  Is what I would have said.  The rest of the sentence is missing.

Apostrophe s means posession.  Mike's car for example.  That car is Mike's. 

Misuse of the apostophe drives me nuts!  LOL 

Top of my list:

Misuse of to/too

Misspelling of alot / a lot

Misuse of there / their

Two days ago I was just about to click "cut" when I noticed that I misspelled Suite on an address.  The customer even proof read and signed off on the spelling.  I would have felt like and idiot if I had hung the sign that way.

The Home Grown Garden's what?  Is what I would have said.  The rest of the sentence is missing.

Apostrophe s means posession.  Mike's car for example.  That car is Mike's. 

Misuse of the apostophe drives me nuts!  LOL 

Top of my list:

Misuse of to/too

Yeah, that's the top of my list too...and people who continue to do it even when they know it's wrong.

I get a lot of people with the apostrophe thing..and it seems to be mostly from up north. I thought maybe it was just a regional thing. I usually just correct it without even asking.