Sign in to follow this  
bod2306

Colors changeing in Sign Cut?

I designed up a paint mask in Inkscape. I set each section to a different color so if I wanted to I can cut each out individually by color. When I open the file in Sign Cut the colors have changed on me. Any idea how to correct this?

Brent

post-7067-12986549638999_thumb.jpg

post-7067-12986549639371_thumb.jpg

post-7067-12986549658082_thumb.jpg

post-7067-12986549658241_thumb.jpg

each software uses colors palettes to set your design colors. If your using different palettes in each program they will appear different when you view. That's why most recommend using Pantone color palettes, and finding the corresponding pantone numbers for the colors you use. get an actual pantone chart, not one you printed. this will allow you to adjust your screen and your printer to make sure your accurate in your display of the colors your using.

I have had a heck of a time trying to get my dell laser to print colors correctly from Flexi, I can locate the right color scheme that works well with it. so what I see and what I get right now with that printer don't match. But I will adjust it with the pantone chart to make them match, it just takes longer.

Also if the color palette your using is a custom one or a non standardized one, you will see complete color changes that don't follow the norm. where you have red in the first image and black in the second one is the color palette changing it to the closest match it has in that position.

kevin

Thank you. For the most part you explanation makes sense. What I find most confusing is in the dragons head. In Inkscape it is all one color, but in sign cut it is 3 different colors. If the pallets don't match and the program has to guess what color it is, shouldn't it guess the same color for all lines in the group? I will try your advice and adjust my pallet and see how it goes.

Brent

are you 100% sure they were the exact color? or were they very close variations? I have created designs and had black especially be different, and didn't notice until i went cut that pieces were missing.

That being said, if they were in fact identical and it did change them, I would suspect a corrupt installation of one or the other software program.

Kevin

Thanks. I went back into Inkscape selected all lines in a group changed the color and saved. I then changed the color back and saved again. It did get better but still wasn't right. So I opened the file in sign blazer and everything was correct. So the first place I would suspect corruption is Sign Cut. I have a couple of thing I am going to try before I reinstall.

Brent