Sign in to follow this  
lilmrsme

JSI 30

Please Help, I am new and have purchased a used JSI 30 cutter.  I am running Signblazers trial mode and can not get my computer to recognize the cutter.  When I tell it to cut, it is sending things to my Epson printer, I assume that I need the driver to cutter.  Am I in the right direction and can anyone tell me where to find the driver or how to solve this problem? Thanks for all the help!!

Did you select your cutter in sign blazer in the cutter set up area,are you running by serial or usb,did you select the correct com port? there are several things that would make it not communicate with the computer sounds like the com port selected was the one designated to your printer.

Dan

I am running a usb and have attempted to download that driver and select the correct com port.  Problem is, my ports don't list what is needed and I don't know how to find the correct one.  My printer is actually part of a network (at home) and I don't see on my computer where it even recognized my cutter?  This is SO frustrating!  I really appreciate all the suggestions.  By the way....I can get the cutter to do the test cut of a rectangle and I can get the program to manipulate designs...they just don't communicate?  I'm running Vista if that makes a difference.

thanks  LOL   sometimes I feel like that blonde  gal, Penelope  Garcia on the TV show Criminal Minds,  Search, search, search,  LOL 

If when you power up it go's thru the menu and on and off line and will cut the default test cut then it is definitely a communication problem, i suppose you don't have an serial port? that is why i bought an older used computer for my cutter with serial and it is dedicated only for the cutter. if you follow what speedy dog posted you should be fine.