MaderDesign

USCutter Ends Ebay Auction Early and Cancels all bids

So i'm scanning through and seen a 12" cutter that has 0 bids. So i bid $25 on it. a few other bids come in and it's at $50 with just a little bit to go in the auction, USCutter cancels my bid as well as all others and ends the auction. So I don't get the cutter for the $50 which I only wanted it for a friend to do some scrapbooking with.

Afraid it was only going to go for $40-$50. Or what is going on?

lol did you really expect to get a cutter for $50?

If you get an answer from USC it will surprize me.

THis is what happens when people start an auction low but don't get what they want..and don't spend the extra $ to put a RESERVE on it.

I bet they really love it when people bid the grommet press up to higher than it is on the website.

I mean isn't this against policy of ebay? You list and item up for auction, people begin to bid and you yank it from the auction. But as a buyer, I'm not allowed to cancel my bid within a certain time of the end of auction.

I would like a "real" reason to why this was done.

Thats the Risk you take selling at a Auction, one may sell high, one may sell Low.

this is why ebay lets you put a RESERVE on auctions. It costs extra, though. But is covers your ass and doesn't make you look crooked if you end the auction and cancel all bids.

Of course, to give USC the benefit of the doubt..they may have discovered that they were out of the cutters,and didn't want someone to be disappointed.

Guest manwayvan

I know what ya sayin I was watchin the bids before on a lp cutter. Bid was at 75 bucks and it got yanked. When canceling an auction they are suppose to provide reason for canceling within a certain peram.

Guest fivestar

Yes that would be considered fraud.  I'd have to report them to ebay.

But that doesn't explain why there are still 3 other 12" cutters listed right now from them.

No, it doesn't. I was just using what I call 'fanciful supposition'.

John quit using fancy words.   :huh:

sorry about that five..I'll translate:

Fanciful supposition= making something up to fit the situation....hoping someone falls for it.

i know for a fact that they have multiple ebay accounts that they use sometimes to up the amount of the bids on stuff

lol, too funny you can report both frauds, if a bunch of peeps watch the items and then report them maybe you might get somewhere. But I doubt it they are a top rated seller

lol, too funny you can report both frauds, if a bunch of peeps watch the items and then report them maybe you might get somewhere. But I doubt it they are a top rated seller

exactly! If you sell enough.and you pay enough in fees, you can do anything. IT's the little sellers who get the ebay screw.

exactly! If you sell enough.and you pay enough in fees, you can do anything. IT's the little sellers who get the ebay screw.

AMEN!!!!!!!!

I am standing and applauding you !

AMEN!!!!!!!!

lol thanks. IT's usually women who do that. :huh:

i know for a fact that they have multiple ebay accounts that they use sometimes to up the amount of the bids on stuff

This is categorically untrue.

So i'm scanning through and seen a 12" cutter that has 0 bids. So i bid $25 on it. a few other bids come in and it's at $50 with just a little bit to go in the auction, USCutter cancels my bid as well as all others and ends the auction. So I don't get the cutter for the $50 which I only wanted it for a friend to do some scrapbooking with.

I am going to look into this for you as this is obviously un-cool. I know that in the past email has taken down several of our auctions for one reason or another. If you could please supply the auction ID I will get the bottom of this for you.

If anyone ever sees any funny business going on with our auctions be sure to let me know either by sending me a PM or shooting me an email at LeviH@uscutter.com. It is my job to look out for our customers and I will go the extra yard for any of you as Mader and many others on this board will tell you.

This is categorically untrue.

I am going to look into this for you as this is obviously un-cool. I know that in the past email has taken down several of our auctions for one reason or another. If you could please supply the auction ID I will get the bottom of this for you.

If anyone ever sees any funny business going on with our auctions be sure to let me know either by sending me a PM or shooting me an email at LeviH@uscutter.com. It is my job to look out for our customers and I will go the extra yard for any of you as Mader and many others on this board will tell you.

Yes, I can absolutely testify that Levi will do everything in his power to make things right for the customers. I trust him,and I trust what he says.

That being said...Levi can't be held esponsible for what others at USC do,and his power and abilities only go so far.

If it wasn't for Levi, I personally wouldn't be here anymore.

AMEN!!!!!!!!

lol thanks. IT's usually women who do that. :huh:

ROFL  yeah I get the same, but they usually hold it til I'm leaving,  hmmm is that bad ?? lol

Bannerjohn, preach it! lol

Levi needs a raise or something, he's the only person I trust. I've been told so many things from USC but it's Levi who has pulled through for me.

Levi:

item #300384030461

realllllllllly now? any proof to back this?

ive definately tried to snag some cutters for cheap so i would always bid on them while they were low. of course i always got overbid and when i would check the auctions i noticed a lot of them were being won by the same names. i dunno maybe someone just has a fetish with uscutters vinyl cutters or something??  :huh:

mad? why would they get mad? If they were bidder on their stuff to raise the price then they should be reported, i don't care who it is.