Sign in to follow this  
Kelly54487

ASAP PLEASE Pricing Large banner order

Hi Everyone,

I need your input. I have a customer that wants 25 10 oz with groments white banners that run $20.99 each (total $524.75 for banner material). He would like the banner to say in all caps CHURCH OF CHRIST in red vinyl with a outline around the letters in black.The lettering would be as big as I could get it on the banner

What would you all charge him for this??? Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Size would be 3' X 10 ' sorry I forgot that would really help you all out here LOL...

If I was doing 1 at that size, it would be $150 at $5 a square foot.

However, I would give a quantity discount for anything over 10 of 10%.

That sounds kinda high for the banner material..10oz, esp. My supplier does the 3x10 in 13oz, hemmed and grommeted for around $15 each,plus shipping.

I generally use John's pricing strategy of $5/ft, so I would be the same.

You didn't get this job via email from some Nigerian, did you?  This sounds almost exactly like scams I have heard of before..

I generally use John's pricing strategy of $5/ft, so I would be the same.

You didn't get this job via email from some Nigerian, did you?  This sounds almost exactly like scams I have heard of before..

ditto on that. I got a very similar request a few months back. I ignored it.

The Gentlemen actually had a operator call me to interperet because he is deaf  :thumbsup: I hope this is legitimate. I asked for 50 % down. I'll let you all know

What payment method? I would be VERY suspicious of this one. It smells bad.

Guest fivestar

Kelly this really smells like a scam.  I honestly would just walk away right now as it hasn't cost you a penny. 

Yeah i was about to say, Don't do this job. Now i hear you will get your payments and all but it will be from a stolen source so really it's not a payment in the long run.

Deff need to watch out for these scams, they are always about churches though it seems.

I JUST WANTED TO "THANK YOU" ALL FOR YOUR INPUT REGARDING THIS. WHEN I TOLD HIM I WANTED TO GO THROUGH A THIRD PARTY IE PAY-PAL OR A CHECK WITH THE CHURCHES HEADER ON IT,DUE TO IDENTITY THEFT NOW DAYS SURPRISE.............SURPRISE HE HASEN'T RESPONDED BACK. KEEP YOUR EARS TUNNED EVERYONE AS WELL AS YOUR EYES.

I HONESTLY CAN'T STAND IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS AND CONNECT IT TO A CHURCH PO'S ME OFF BIG TIME THAT THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR CHURCHES AS WELL AS THE BIG GUY.

I COULD HAVE DONE THIS AND MAYBE GOT MY MONEY HOWEVER..............WHOS EVER CREDIT CARD THIS SAMMUEL HARRISON2 IS USING  OR STEALING IT WOULD NOT BE RIGHT ON MY PART AND I WOULD FEEL SO GUILITY AND BAD FOR THAT PERSON. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMMING TO.

Sorry to say I've had a similar request in the past. From 25 to 250 banners. I did suspect a scam. I asked to where they would be shipped and the reply was something about no worries he had his own shipping company or shipping is taken care of. I got really suspicious then. I gave quote PLUS shipping and stated the order must be prepaid. Never heard back from them. This has happened 3 or 4 times to me in the past couple years.

This scam has been around for a few years now in the embroidery world too. They will use an operator saying they are deaf. You will initially get paid but then the bank later reverses the payment because the monies aren't legit (stolen cc or fraud money orders etc) By then you are out the goods AND money. Sad for those that DO need to use those services for legit communications. Glad you didn't get stuck

You always have to be suspicious when someone wants 25 of the EXACT same banner with some generic name and doesn't care how you do it..

The phone interpreter is a usual scenario, it lends an air of reality to the situation while masking their thick Nigerian/African accent.

I'm surprised they didn't jump on the personal check acceptance.  Typically, they send a check that is quite a bit more than the total amount, blame it on a receptionist error and ask you to kindly refund the difference via Western Union or Moneygram.  Of course, the check then bounces.  They could care less about the banners, obviously.

For more fun>>>>419eater.com