Sign in to follow this  
bentley

SBE/Inkscape

SBE can be used for simple design work and touch ups, but if you want to design a vector file from scratch you will most likely find SignBlazer lacking. Inkscape is advanced vector design software, you do not need it, but it is certainly nice to have.

www.Inkscape.org

really! i happen to think sbe is a very good design tool. not to say that inkscape isn't a great design tool in its own rite. i have yet to find signblazer "lacking". my 2 pennies, take it for what it is worth...

bb

ps. here is a design i recently recreated using signblazer. it is a cabinet door layout for a custom projector cabinet i am building for a client.

post-2091-12986548704229_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986548718945_thumb.jpg

I am a SignBlazer fan like CutMe !!!  :thumbsup:  InkScape is great & SignCut is the best cuttting software ( the BEST weeding lines ever !!! as many vertical & horizontal weed lines as you care to use ) , but I like a design & cut software for most things . I do use InkScape & SignCut sometimes , but 99.99 % of what I make is done with SignBlazer .

i prefer sb for editing and cutting, and even designing if im working from a blank pallet, but if i am converting a jpeg to an eps file i prefer to use inkscape. after the conversion, ill import it and edit it in sb.

Thanks everyone, I'll probably download inkscape in the near future when I'm more comfortable with all this jibberish.

Been doing just one color cuts for now. Which is getting a little boring.  Haven't gotten the hang of importing stuff or vectorizing but I've been trying and I keep going back to the SBE manual to try to see where I'm going wrong. No problem, this machine isn't going to beat me. At least not yet! :thumbsup:

i have also built full sized paper prototypes and made templates for fabrication with sbe.

bb