Sign in to follow this  
bowhunter012004

HOW TO VECTORIZE VIDEO! from inkscape to signblazer

Instructional video made for beginners on how to vectorize an image and cut with sign blazer. Quick video, nothing fancy. I took an image off the forum and vectorized it quick. Hope this helps anyone having trouble vectorizing an image to cut. Just took a basic image that someone had posted. I didnt get fancy or do anything crazy. Just a plain outline of how to.  Also posted this in vectorizing category.

• Like 4

Wonderfull.

Which software you recorded? Jing?

It seems to run smooth.

I tried some videos to make too of contour cut with SC PRO but is seems not to run smooth.

Paco

excellent video!!

one thing i noticed though, when you resized it in sb, if i followed correctly, you wanted it 10x10, so you set the workspace to that and resized it to the workspace. i find it easier to just select the object, and type in the dimensions i want on the bottom.

Thanks, maybe it will cut down on the confusion of how to vectorize. 

I used snagit 5.02.  I tried in Jing but it would be choppy, and save in some goofy file name. 

excellent video!!

one thing i noticed though, when you resized it in sb, if i followed correctly, you wanted it 10x10, so you set the workspace to that and resized it to the workspace. i find it easier to just select the object, and type in the dimensions i want on the bottom.

after resizing using the above method, i use the align tool to send the graphic to the center of the workspace.

bb

Bowie,

Snagit does not do video only screenshots or am i Wrong?

Paco

id also note that no matter how good an image looks there is cleanup needed after vectorizing 99% of the time

I have watched this video several times, but am not able to see what is happenng becaue the print is so small, and the demonstration is way too fast for begiiners. I would like to be able to vectorize my own clip art. Any suggestions?

I have watched this video several times, but am not able to see what is happenng becaue the print is so small, and the demonstration is way too fast for begiiners. I would like to be able to vectorize my own clip art. Any suggestions?

if you click on the video above twice, it will take you to youtube where you can view it full screen.

bb

do you mind posting that vector - i just would like to take a look at how clean everything turned out thanks

Ok I followed these steps and nothing showed up on my SB screen after I clicked the scanner button. What am I doing wrong?