Sign in to follow this  
jhumbeutel

p cut?

Probably sounds dumb but is a p cut a professional cutter? What type of software do most of you use with your cutter? Thanks  John

Pcut is a great starter cutter. If you are just getting into the market and don't have a lot of cash then it's a great start. I have one and it has been very handy. I will be upgrading before summer to be able to support more business but it was great to learn with!

It comes with Signblazer full trial which you can continue to use.

P-cut works fairly well (it actually surprised me) and sign blazer is a good starter software along with inkscape or ai it will probably do about any thing you would ever need.  There is a pro unit sold by us cutter co-pam  that from what i read is  a very good cutter at a fair price.

Dan

Do you think the 24 inch would be good enough to start? I don't think I would be cutting anything larger for quite awhile. All my images are in Adobe. Can I transfer those to sign blazer? i would like to see a video of how the p cut in action. Any ideas?

All my graphics are from Adobe, and sign blazer has a decent amount of clipart in the library also in wingbats in the font section sign blazer is very good software and easy to use, also the people on this forum are amazing about helping with questions or graphics. what little i know about vinyl and cutters came from this venue. there are instructional videos linked here and also a section for instructions. There are people on here doing amazing work with a p-cut. hope this helps a little      Dan

I started with a pcut and have moved up to a graphtec - I let each machine pay for the next one and sold the used ones.