Sign in to follow this  
tasly

PLEASE HELP need advice on LARGE piece used Sign Expert's Calculator pls advise

Hi all.  Please share your advice.  I have a 'potential' customer wanting a quote on the word KAVANAH.  This will be 23" tall x 163" wide, this is over 13 feet and it will be in two colors, silver and black matte layered to look like the silver is lining the black.  This is the first time I have done anything so big and really would like to price it right to get the job.

I used the calculator at thesignexpert.com and put in the above dimensions, along with 1 as the number of extra colors.  The calculated price is $306.  This seems CRAZY to me, but if this is the kind of quote she would get from everyone else I don't want to cut off my own hand, KWIM?? (also, this is for the front lobby of a Christian school, and she found me on Etsy, so I am sure she has other quotes in the works)

[Of course will clean up the file prior to cutting;)]

Please let me know what you all might charge for something like this, I would GREATLY appreciate it! 

Thank you so much for your time and willingness to share.

Sunny

post-5906-12986548475325_thumb.jpg

post-5906-12986548487315_thumb.jpg

I just do this part time so I don't rely on vinyl for a income but here is my thoughts on how I price stuff.

You will be in it about $30 in vinyl it will be at the most 2 hours to make it and layer it.

I would be $130 thats $100 for 2 hours work I would even through in the shipping

The only thing I would be Leary of is mailing it RTA a 13 foot decal is not that easy to install and if it goes wrong guess who's fault it is?

They will put the blame on you most of the time.

Good point about not keeping it in one piece.  I thought of that and it would be pretty easy for them to line up with a level as they are in all caps.  I will let the customer know that it will come in sections for "ease of application".  Thanks for the tip.

Anyone else have any advice for pricing??  There seems to be a huge difference in these two suggestions...stumped :-

Nobody else??  Please help with some suggestions

I do and mail vehicle graphics up to 16ft long and never a problem mailing, installing is up to the buyer, they can hire talent to install.  That is their option,  I only provide the graphics, and tons of videos to watch and instructions on paper also,  my whole business is RTA, and no problems, I am a TOP RATED SELLER And Powerseller on EBAY    Roll loosely,

Thanks for the info Speedoggy, can you offer some suggestions on pricing models?  Do you happen to use Sign Expert or some other method of pricing??  TIA!

Sunny

OK 14 ft x 2 ft = 28 sqft X 2 (one lettering one outline) = 56 sqft. $5.00 per sqft is not unreasonable $5.00 x 56 = $280.00 I think thats on the low side.

OK 14 ft x 2 ft = 28 sqft X 2 (one lettering one outline) = 56 sqft. $5.00 per sqft is not unreasonable $5.00 x 56 = $280.00 I think thats on the low side.

I think thats a fair price.

You can't do this work just based on the actual cost of the vinyl alone.

Read my reply in this post> http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,24426.msg193688.html#msg193688