Sign in to follow this  
Sassy Shirts

Laserpoint - Networking

I would like to access my Laserpoint via the network.

The cutter is plugged in to the PC, I would like to access the cutter via the laptop since that's where Flexi is installed.

The cutter does not show on my hardwar/printer list a this time.

operating sys. XP SP2

network: D-Link Wireless

Cut soft: Flexi 8

I'm not a real stranger to networking issues however, I finally got it working on the PC with the USB and it seems the cutter is so finicky on set up I'm afraid to move forward

with anything for fear of screwing up the accessibility.

Any tips?

Bill

I can't be specific,but I am not sure that you can do what you want. Someone posted about this once and I seem to remember that it has something to do with drivers. Of course just about anything is possible. I have 6 computers on a network here plus wireless and one of the computers won't share the printer no matter what i do. It can be very tricky,networking is a matter of settings and everything needs to be just right.

Have you tried the printer search on the laptop yet? YOu need to type in the EXACT name that the network has assigned to your cutter if it sees it at all,which means you have to turn on sharing for the cutter on the comp that it is physically attached to. When you do this,it will assign a name,write it down,EXATLY as it is...case sensative and all.

Let us know if you get it working.

I have not heard of anyone getting our cutters to work on a network, they need to communicate with the computer they are connected to directly.

I believe since you are connecting to a windows xp machine on the same network you should be able to Remote Desktop to it,

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx.

Once you open up the program just put the name of the machine [ right click on My Computer, pick Computer Name tab, the name is listed there] you want to use into the box. This should bring up a window of the other machines desktop.  If you get some errors or can't connect, check the windows firewall and make sure you are allowing remote desktop sharing.

good luck