How much do you guys charge for heat pressed names on the back of shirts?

I have a lady wanting to do 48 shirts for her swim team, these will have the design screen printed on the front, but she is wanting the swimmers last names on the back of about 35-40.

How much would you guys charge for this a piece? 2" tall

If she is providing the shirts or you are screen printing the front and already charged for the shirts I would be like $3-$4 per shirt maybe a little less if she is spending a fair amount of money with ya

If your just stamping the names on, i'd charge a hourly rate.

If you have to cut and stamp them i'd do materials + mark up and a hourly rate.

Guest fivestar

$3.00 each.........be careful with that screen print already on the front of the shirt.

She will not see the shirts until finished. I'm doing the design, screen printed on the front, then I was going to press the names on the back.

I told her $3.50 per shirt for 2" just to cover any names that are like 20 characters long. I'm cutting and weeding the names and pressing.

Guest fivestar

She will not see the shirts until finished. I'm doing the design, screen printed on the front, then I was going to press the names on the back.

I told her $3.50 per shirt for 2" just to cover any names that are like 20 characters long. I'm cutting and weeding the names and pressing.

20 characters doesn't really matter, you can only go so long.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

since you are screening too I would wait to screen till after you have the names on. that way you dont have to worry about the print on the front. Like five had mentioned

In my area, I've charged between $4.00 and $5.00 a name depending on quantity.

I usually charge about this as well.  However, I am typically making the screenprinting profit as well.

I'd probably charge $7 each just to make it worth the time.

Guest fivestar

In my area, I've charged between $4.00 and $5.00 a name depending on quantity.

I usually charge about this as well.  However, I am typically making the screenprinting profit as well.

I'd probably charge $7 each just to make it worth the time.

$7.00 each for a 2"x10"ish single color name for a qty of 35-40?

I'd probably do it for $5, but I'd shoot for $7.. :D    This, of course, would include the time spent typesetting each name and sizing appropriately.

$7.00 seems a bit high if you ask me. I don't even pay that for the shirt and screen print in 6 colors lol

At what qty?