Sign in to follow this  
cprvh

Expected results

We have the 24" PCUT model using 24" Oracal 651 vinyl.  This is our first cutter and not sure of the results that we should be getting.  I have noticed when cutting a simple circle ( just larger than a quarter) that it does not cut a perfect circle.  It is pretty good, but visually I can see variances between circles cut in a row.  Just curious how good of a circle I should be getting.

Here is how we have it set up.  Each pinch roller is about 3" from the edge of the vinyl.  Down pressure at 115.  Haven't messed with the speed.

We have also noticed a few hanging tags on some small detailed cuts which can cause problems when weeding.  It seemed to improve as we applied more down pressure.  I suppose increasing the pressure some more may help, but didn't know if there are other adjustments that could improve the fine cuts.

Any suggestions would be great.  I am sure this machine will be great once we get it fine tuned.

Ron

also make sure that the carraige is on track. Sometimes they come off in shipping. If you cut something square,siuch as text,and the corners are rounded, that's a sure sign that the carriage is off track.

also make sure that the carraige is on track. Sometimes they come off in shipping. If you cut something square,siuch as text,and the corners are rounded, that's a sure sign that the carriage is off track.

With the PCuts, the carriage never pops off the track, that is a common issue with the Refines. With the PCut, it would be a pressure and speed setting, or offset setting, or possibly the blade sticking too far out. Make sure you are using the bcak position for the blade holder.

OK, I will try to slow it down a bit.  Is there a general rule for the cutter speed on the intermediate vinyl?  Or does each machine have it's own "ideal" settings?

Thanks!

Ron

I use the maximum speed most of the time. I slow it down on long cuts or vey small graphics/text/.

Sorry to be so long getting back.  Slowing the cutting speed definately helped...much better results!!

Thank you!