lwsimon

Finally got my store online - stuckonpolitics.com

I've had my cutter for about 3 weeks now, and have had some limited success selling business-to-business stuff locally -- but most of my sales have come from online forums and social media stuff that I've done.

So.... after a week of prep work, I have my first online store - Stuck on Politics.

Give me some feedback, and don't be afraid to be brutal!

(Please, don't start a political flamefest here.  I'm just wanting to share some of my design work and the website setup.)

Awesome work on your website!!! The layout is great!!!

Did you build it from scratch or get a template? I would love to have a layout something like that for my webstore.

Thanks --- I'm using Wordpress on the backend, with the wp e-commerce plugin for products.  Also, the template I purchased, from WordpressArt.com.

Funny thing - I'm a web developer by trade, and was going to go with a Satchmo store, completely customized.  When push came to shove, though, I've been spending a lot of time doing vinyl and other side work, and didn't have time.  I ended up just going with pre-packaged stuff.  I have about $35 in the site, with an ongoing expense of $30 / month to PayPal for the gateway, and $12 / month for hosting (which I already had).  Still, its much cheaper than doing it all myself, when you consider time.

yeah, great layout. I make a lot of money selling to the other side.

Guest kenya

Very nice website........ clean & simple, not jumbled or cluttered.  :thumbsup: