Sign in to follow this  
BLSJACK

PCUT arrived!

My PCUT arrived yesterday! Put the stand together and mounted the cutter. I haven't made it any further than that yet. This weekend I'll get the thing up and running. I'm using a new laptop with Windows 7 and just finished installing Signblazer and Inkscape. The laptop does not have a serial port so I think I will get a adaptor at radio shack. Is the usb to serial adaptor the way to go? Or should I just use usb? I'll tell you, for the money if this thing works I will be very pleased. Well packed and doesn't look or feel cheap like I imagined it would. Since this is my first cutter maybe I don't know any better. I'll post my progress as I continue if anyone is interested.  Thanks to everyone for all there help so far!

Jack

Congrats on the new purchase and I'm sure you should be able to figure everything out without a problem. But if you do run into problems don't hesitate to ask. I would try USB to USB to begin with. this would be the easiest method and should work without a problem. I don't like adapters just cause too many variables for something to happen, (lose connection, teeth bent, interference). Start by cutting some simple things, weed them and get used to it, or heck, go all out lol. Hope you have a great experience.

Start with the newbie manual and let us know the result.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,17489.0.html

Do not download the FTDI driver yet!

Let us know if the FTDI (USB to Serial) driver is inside windows 7.

So hook up with USB cable and let us know it downloads the Windows 7 driver for the USB port automaticly when your online to the internet or when your offline.

With your result we can change the info in the new bie manual if needed.

Thanks, Paco

I got the machine up and running. I was following the newbie manual word for word and was so nervous i was going miss something I totally forgot to plug in the usb to see if windows 7 drivers were automatically there. I just popped in the cd and installed the driver. Then hooked up the usb to the computer configured the port in Signblazer and it worked! I even went as far as converting a image in inkscape then imported it to Signblazer set it to the size I wanted and previewed it  and hit cut. Now I only had the pen adaptor in it. But it came out perfect! So next Ill work on actually cutting something.And tinkering with the settings and go from there.I sure hope everything goes as smooth as it has so far.I'll say this the newbie manual is the only way to go. Seriously.I really think I wouldn't have make it this far without the manual and this forum.I have a strange feeling I'm going to be addicted to this whole thing!

Jack

Thanks for sharing and congrats.

We all are eager to get things running the first time so we forget what we are doing mostly.

Maybe next person can shed a ligth on the driver.

Enjoy the wonderfull world of...............creativity.

Paco

Do not forget to keep the new bie manual on hand.

You have to cut too...............

Congrats Jack.  Great to hear your story.  If USB to USB is working for you, it's really recommended that you use USB to USB.