ppalmernc

How does this look?

I used an old Roland Camm1.

Took about 2 hrs to apply and a little longer to cut and weed.

What would have been a fair price for this?

Thanks

post-1622-12986513630418_thumb.jpg

post-1622-12986513644778_thumb.jpg

post-1622-12986513669883_thumb.jpg

post-1622-12986513685686_thumb.jpg

fair price would be what you and the customer agreed on before you started.

Prices differ from area to area.Around here,I could get $120 for that

OH,sorry. I think it looks very good. I should have said so.

$250 is a good price for that. In a small town like I live in,would be hard to get that much but I'm sure you pay more rent up there than I do here.

Looks great... You made good money on those, thats for sure...

Now, are you going to put that $250 into a US Cutter plotter??? j/k

But I am curious... Have you any problems with your camm1???

Guest Terry

Yup, thats a good profit. Around here I only get $250.00 for both sides of a van and back doors. Looks Nice.

I got rid of the Camm 1, then got a graphtec for a while. I got rid of that also because I was relocating. Now I'm in NC and wish I'd never got rid of any of them.

So now I'm in the market for another one. I've been looking at the Copam but they ran out of them. I don't know how long before they get more. Don't know if it's worth the wait, I have some customers lined up for some shirts, I don't want to lose them.

I was considering a cutter from Desay. But I don't know how good they could be for $400.00. I do want something better than a hobby machine.

I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks

Guest Terry

graphtec!! DEAD SILENT, and FAST! I have one, and I have the US CUTTER 721. I use same roland drver on both.

I should never have sold the Graphtec, it was a nice machine. Have you had any experience with the Desay cutters, their $499 & up, I'm afraid of the old saying playing out if I buy one. You know the saying, You get what you pay for.

I really can't spend more then a K right now. Any other suggestions for under $1000?

Guest Terry

Well this form is for US CUTTERS, but if I had a 1000 I would be on ebay for a used Graphtec. My Refine 721 works great for the price. I will probably get the sh!t for this but nothing compares to the graphtec in all areas.

I run a full-time business (800 banners this year alone) and the refine (hobby cutter,as you call it) is my back-up machine. It runs just as well,does the same thing,as my main cutter. I couldn't find the Desay on ebay but the Master cutter which is sold by Desay looks pretty much the same as a refine to me. Most of the bargain cutters are made by the same few factories and branded differently for different resellers.

If you don't already have software,I'd worry more about what software comes with the cutters. I am still seeing cutters on ebay bundled with Artcut which is useless.

If you need a cutter in a hurry,the Creation cutter has been around for a long time.

You'll not find better service or support anywhere than US cutter,I know that from experience.And to me,THAT is always the deciding factor.

Guest Terry

I know the creation is loud like the refine modem.

From experience... I have a cutter from Desay... Also a refine from US Cutter... Both machines have never had an issue with... Both machines have identical parts, right down to the cutting head... I believe the language is a bit diffrent for communication, because they use diffrent drivers...

If I had my choice, I would deffinately go with a US Cutter model...

Here are my reasons...

US Cutter has a dedicated support team and a message board for all of us users for advice, etc... Desay does not.

In essence, there both the same machines... Same parts...

US cutter uses the Roland PNC1000 Driver, widely avaliable on almost any cutter program, Desays master plotter does not have this option...

US cutter refine offers direct USB Connection... Last I knew, Desay does not...

If in an event of component failure, You can readily purchase parts from USCUTTERDIRECT.com ... Desay also has parts avaliable, however you should compare the prices, Blade holder 30 at US cutter, 50 at desay...

Desay is primarly based out of canada... Unless you speak fluent french, its difficult to talk to them as there ENGLISH NOT SO GOOD...

Go with US Cutter...

I only refer to them as hobby cutters because thats how I saw it referred to by someone else. I guess I was wrong. And thats a good thing, because then I wont worry about buying one.

So your saying the refine cutter is a good machine? Maybe I'll go for one of them. Do they work fine with Flexi Sign Pro 7.6? What about Corel Draw 12? Will it cut right from Corel?

Thanks

Guest Terry

I use flexi with my 721, works great I also use Win Pc, Tater uses flexi pro, wish I had that!

I don't think it will cut directly from Corel. But I think the Copam will.

What is your opinion? Would you wait for US cutter to get Copams back in stock or would you just go with the refine or Pcut?

I've read stories about the software not working with these cutters.

How is this signblazer software that they come with. Since I have Flexi pro, I guess the SB would be a good addition to my software collection.

Did you say if the refine or pcut have any troubles with Flexi Pro?

And one last time then, the Refine or Pcut or wait for the Copam?

Guest Terry

If you have flexi pro, with the refine you need NOTHING, I WISH MINE WAS THE PRO.

What is your opinion? Would you wait for US cutter to get Copams back in stock or would you just go with the refine or Pcut?

I've read stories about the software not working with these cutters.

How is this signblazer software that they come with. Since I have Flexi pro, I guess the SB would be a good addition to my software collection.

Did you say if the refine or pcut have any troubles with Flexi Pro?

And one last time then, the Refine or Pcut or wait for the Copam?

I used Flexi for a long time. I find myself using Signblazer more than Flexi a lot of the time. And I just have SB elements. SB pro should be awesome. Bruce and the guys are CONSTANTLY working to improve it,solve problems,etc. IMHO I believe that eventually, SignBlazer,with the proper marketing,could easily become the industry standard. I think the folks at Flexi have gotten lazy.

Several people on this board use Flexi with the refine with no problaems.