Sign in to follow this  
American And Proud

Who made this?"Old Town TATTOO Parlor"I got a few Questions.

I saved this picture it's from here but forgot who did it.

Is the font for "TATTOO"  Coffee Tin?

Can you give me a quick tutorial how you did the Black and Gold, mines not looking like yours does, using SBE for now.

Just making a practice mock up sign and changing it up some.

Thanks

post-5921-12986547808048_thumb.jpg

post-5921-12986547824292_thumb.jpg

The file says that too, I found the Coffee Tin one and it looks the same from a free font site.

I'll go look for Rosewood standard and see if it acts differently.

Was it Carl who made this? Dang wish I remembered for sure I would shoot them a PM.

Thanks.

It is the same as Coffee tin - they give it a different name whenever they upload it to a different site

dunno in SBE but in coreldraw just make a contour outline of the font and use the envelope tool to give it the arc on the bottom while keeping the top straight.

American and Proud, stop using SBE to design in lol. Use Illustrator since you have it. Then all you need to do is Copy, Paste, hit cut and the colors are already separated. I wouldn't design anything inside of a cutting program. Adobe Illustrator is all you need.

nice job jay, i dont like editing in SBE, the quality of the image on the screen sometimes makes it hard for me to work on small details

dunno in SBE but in coreldraw just make a contour outline of the font and use the envelope tool to give it the arc on the bottom while keeping the top straight.

The arc part I got fine but the expand outline isnt doing what I want, so far.

American and Proud, stop using SBE to design in lol. Use Illustrator since you have it. Then all you need to do is Copy, Paste, hit cut and the colors are already separated. I wouldn't design anything inside of a cutting program. Adobe Illustrator is all you need.

I'll be using/Learning FlexiSIGN PRO soon enough Mader.  ;D  ;D

Here is how I did it in SignBlazer using outline and an arch distortion:

http://screencast.com/t/MmI2ZTE3Y

Jay

Thanks Jay,

I have watched it a dozen times and click along with it and mine still won't come out right here.

On Youtube you can do 10 minute vids and use sound for voice explanations as you work. Seems to be missing something without sound.

I can only move one letter at a time like your doing moving the whole black background, and when I mover one letter at a time there not a Solid black like yours is coming out then you change it to gold and I don't even see that happening it just does, edits?

nice job jay, i dont like editing in SBE, the quality of the image on the screen sometimes makes it hard for me to work on small details

I don't like much about SBE either. The Quality of image renderings pretty much Sucks.

In the program and in its file seach.

And the he Deletes some gray areas as well, I have what looks like those shapes but havent figured out How he selected just those and deleted to make it all black.

Not sure if the video is edited and were not seeing exactly whats being done or if it has to do with him having the Hot Shot version.

I see the color chart like you see in the cutter part when you sent it to be cut. Not sure how thats done without actually going to cut it.

Confusing.

yeah mine wont let me use the arrows to move the whole black background as well.

Down in the bottom right there is a panel that scrolls through some various settings. One is Horizontal and Vertical Nudge. Set the nudge value then you can use the right/Left and up/down arrows to move your geometry.

Jay

And the he Deletes some gray areas as well, I have what looks like those shapes but havent figured out How he selected just those and deleted to make it all black.

Not sure if the video is edited and were not seeing exactly whats being done or if it has to do with him having the Hot Shot version.

I see the color chart like you see in the cutter part when you sent it to be cut. Not sure how thats done without actually going to cut it.

Confusing.

No video editing, it is all real time. If you right click in the color bar at the bottom of the screen a dialog box shows up. It allos you to select elements by color (iIf auto select is checked it will automaticall select evey element of the selected color(s). You can select multiple colors by holding down the CTRL key. Once selected just hit delete. Eveything I used is available in the Elements version. It is all I usually use. I started using HotShot because I recently bought a cutter that is not on the list of supported cutters in the USCutter version of Elements. I prefer the Elements version because it is simpler.

Here is how I did it in SignBlazer using outline and an arch distortion:

http://screencast.com/t/MmI2ZTE3Y

Jay

Thanks Jay,

I have watched it a dozen times and click along with it and mine still won't come out right here.

On Youtube you can do 10 minute vids and use sound for voice explanations as you work. Seems to be missing something without sound.

I can only move one letter at a time like your doing moving the whole black background, and when I mover one letter at a time there not a Solid black like yours is coming out then you change it to gold and I don't even see that happening it just does, edits?

Jing lets you do voice/sound too but I don't have a microphone on my computer.