Sign in to follow this  
MaderDesign

OT - Show off your Christmas Tree, Menorah, etc

Well Thanksgiving is over and the the holidays are around the corner. Time to show off your Christmas tree, Menorah or whatever it is you do to celebrate. We have a 12ft Christmas tree in our family room, and will post it up in a little bit. And yes it's already up and decorated lol My wife loves to decorate so she just couldn't wait.

GF is stringing lights on it as we speak. Seems to be alot of cursing going on for something thats supposed to fill you with the xmas spirit LOL!

Very nice FutureSFtswife! Looks tall as well how big is it? And Love the windows. Thats one thing I wish we had more of in our house. I wanted about 50 more windows in our house lol

Very nice FutureSFtswife! Looks tall as well how big is it? And Love the windows. Thats one thing I wish we had more of in our house. I wanted about 50 more windows in our house lol

Thank you!  I believe it's 15'.  We use a 12' ladder to decorate (that I made look like a candy cane ladder, of course) - and the ladder is definitely smaller than the tree.  When we were looking for a home big enough for our blended family, we walked into this house and were stunned.  The windows are spectacular.  The moldings are just as beautiful.  I'm so against covering them with window treatments because they're such a huge focal point.

Mader... is that pic from this year?  do you have presents underneath it already?

What type of tree skirt do you have?  I was insane last year trying to find a decent sized one - so I made my own using a 70" round woven table cloth and white flock vinyl.  I posted a pic in a post last week.

Yuh thats of this year, my wife already has a present for me hahah. And one of her clients hand made it for her last christmas, it's huge! We had to use a ladder for ours as well lol, 12ft is a little tall for me to reach. I wrapped a couple things for her today :( She didn't know I was buying stuff for her, had to pay with cash or she'd see the bill lol

Guest fivestar

Yuh thats of this year, my wife already has a present for me hahah. And one of her clients hand made it for her last christmas, it's huge! We had to use a ladder for ours as well lol, 12ft is a little tall for me to reach. I wrapped a couple things for her today ;D She didn't know I was buying stuff for her, had to pay with cash or she'd see the bill lol

Did you buy her a wide format printer? :(  I "think" she's wanting one.  :) :) ;D

Guest kenya

Here's our little tree. I'm going to use the same one this year.

These photos are from last year.

My husband's birthday present (a black lab we named Jett), was waiting for Santa.  :(

post-0-1298654780655_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986547806953_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986547823258_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986547823515_thumb.jpg

This is our tree. We got it on craigslist for $50. The bottom half is ornament less now since our 1 year old has been practicing his throw all around the house.

tree-1.jpg

Nice everyone -w e are not sure on the tree this year - the Labrador is not tree friendly. last year my wife bought a smaller one and I took the glass out of an end table to set the tree in as a stabilizer.  I bought him a Jingle collar with sleigh bells today, really cure after he got used to it and running away from it for 5 minutes.  MY daughter just doesn't think it is right but if my wife can dress the poor thing up for Halloween every year I can put bells on him at Christmas!

BTW Mader your tree looks great! Is it you or your wifes doing? Or a combo effort?

All wife, lol i just helped her put stuff up where she wanted it.

Jesus yer trees look like a Macy's catalog! We're a little more simpler folk, we tend more towards blinking colored lights and popcorn garlands in our small apartment. LOL!

Nice everyone -w e are not sure on the tree this year - the Labrador is not tree friendly. last year my wife bought a smaller one and I took the glass out of an end table to set the tree in as a stabilizer.  I bought him a Jingle collar with sleigh bells today, really cure after he got used to it and running away from it for 5 minutes.  MY daughter just doesn't think it is right but if my wife can dress the poor thing up for Halloween every year I can put bells on him at Christmas!

I got a bell collar for Duncan last year - and our bunny had one, too, but she died last week.  :( 

The parrot would FREAK OUT if I even thought of going near her with a "costume" again...

Yeh and try to ring that parrots bell - they are more protective of their bells than a dog of it's food, ok most dogs Brinkley would willingly share

Does anyone else have this problem??!

Well Thanksgiving is over and the the holidays are around the corner. Time to show off your Christmas tree, Menorah or whatever it is you do to celebrate. We have a 12ft Christmas tree in our family room, and will post it up in a little bit. And yes it's already up and decorated lol My wife loves to decorate so she just couldn't wait.

post-4800-12986547858489_thumb.jpg

post-4800-12986547873548_thumb.jpg