Sign in to follow this  
mdbarone

can SOMEONE who runs WIN VISTA help me set up my plotter

PLEASE....can I get some help from someone who has experienced the same problems I am having setting up a plotter to win vista? I think my USB cable might be bad but without someone helping me along, and I can't get ahold of the company as their voice mails have been full....and while I emailed them with my telephone # DAYS ago asking for help....even though I know they're a company and can't "hold hands" with every customer...I really did expect some kind of contact by  now.

Signblazer is working for me....I'm running Win Vista on my laptop...I have the 721 refine plotter...I am TRYING to use the USB cord as I have no other way to hook up any of the other cables to my laptop.

I know from reading others'posts that there have been problems getting vista and usb cables to work...please tell me what you did. I am UNABLE to use my PLOTTER. Has been SITTING for 2 weeks here not being able to be used because I can't figure SOMETHING out

I am using Vista buisness with my 1351 with no problems. Please describe your problem, what are your settings, are you tring to use cut manager, etc.

From another thread...I changed to com4 port and reinstalled the software.  Everything seems to be working now, (ie. I cut the "welcome" in signblazer....   

the installation DOES NOT follow the installation booklet for windows vista....but I figured it all out. Thanks for the help with com 4. I don't know what that does, but everything works good now.  I also changed the baud to 4800...again, I don't know what that does, but somewhere in some instructions, I read to do that. 

THANK YOU for the com4 advice.

No need to call me....

If the baud rate is set to 4800 in the software settings,you will have to re-set it on the cutter every time you turn it off and back on again. The cutter will default to 9600. Didn't know if you knew this or not.

I did read this, I don't understand WHY I need to set it to 9600 nor what difference 4800 will do...but it's working for me right now. I'll try to leave it at 9600 and see what it does.

Also....do you have any recommendations as to the cutting force?  I am currently doing 70..but again, I've only tried the cutter twice now. I'll have to mess around with some settings.

Thank you very much for the extra info just "in case". I really appreciate it.

Glad to hear it is cutting for you. The Baud rate is the rate at which the information is sent through your USB cable, and if the Baud rate on the cutter itself does not match the Baud rate in the software, you will get no response.