Sign in to follow this  
tiny651

Loosing Entire Design When Going To "Cutter"

Okay so...

i am new to this forum and forums in general so lets see if i did this right..

I made a design on signblazer.

When i go to CUTTER at the top, and this is where it shows the preview of what i design and am about to cut. Well sometimes it dissappeares. It shows on the CUTTER screen that nothing is ready to cut. When i press CUT, it acts like nothing is there. When i press FINISH to go back to the design, it gives a blank page instead of snapping back to the design, an i have to press VIEW - ZOOM ALL to see what i am working on.

It has did this with entire designs and sometimes HALF of words. like if i type SAWMILL RACING.. it will only show ILL RACING on the Cutter Preview Page.

It seems like the CUT SELECTED ONLY button is selected, but it's not.

Has this happened to anyone else? Seems like a glitch to me, is there a wa to fix?

Is it happening to parts of the design that are outside of the pink box? (work area) There is a setting un the cutter window setup to "limit to workspace". If it is checked only what is at least partially inside of the workspace will cut. Another think to look at is the colors that you are using. Is everything the same color?

no no. it's all in the workspace and the colors match.

i am so baffled, it's crazy. i can design something and it will do this stuff, where it doesn't want to cut.

but then go and open another SignBlazer and make the exact same thing with the sam demensions and it will be fine.

i don't like signblazer very much but hey, beggers can't be choosers, huh?

are you sure you know what jay meant by teh "workspace" ?

thats really what it sounds like to me. when you save it and open it again, it will automatically open it in the workspace.

SELECT THE DESIGN..then go to cutter, it will show up.promise.

if you dont select it, sometimes it wont show.

;D

If the artwork is in the pink window and it is still showing nothing or bits and pieces of your artwork when you go to the cut window you should reinstall SB. It's likely you have a corruption in the software causing it to get all funky. I hope you kept the disc image cos it is getting harder to find a download of SB.