Sign in to follow this  
gothamsign

cut not deep enough

Hi,

My copam cutters been good for the past 6 months, until now.  When cutting straight line (left to right), it doesn't cut deep enough in the middle of the cut.  The white cut strip is fine as far as I can see.  Does anyone have that issue?  Please help..  thanx

your eye isn't good enough to see the tiny difference it would take. But the problem could be elsewhere.

also, no matter how i adjust the blade, even to the point where it almost cuts through the vinyl (on vertical and curve cuts) yet, the middle still remains just slightly scorn.

You could try removing the cutting strip to see if it does the same thing. If not, then it is the cut strip....if so, it may be a hardware issue.

still having the same problem; even after I'd removed the cutting strip.

It only happens when cutting horizontal straight lines...If you think it's hardware..were do I get support for it?

Thanks

If it has been cutting fine for months, and just started doing this, I am leaning towards the cutting strip. I doubt the unit would mysteriously warp in the middle, but the cutting strip is plastic and that is more likely. You could send in your cutting strip and we can send you a new one.

Have to confess that i am not that familiar with a CoPam cutter.

Have used one however have never pulled one to bits.

Most cutters are similar.

The white plastic strip is called a Cutting Strip.

When you remove the cutting strip make sure you scrape out any remaining adhesive.

If there is any bits left this can cause the cutting strip to bulge up EVERY SO SLIGHTLY.

This is enough to cause the problem you describe.

Remember it will be both sides of the middle where the excessive adhesive will be - not the middle.

If it was the middle then you would be cutting through the vinyl backing paper.

Here are two different things which can cause this problem if it is NOT the cutting strip.

1st Cause ---- One of the bearings on the head which roll the cutter head backwards and forth is damaged and/or the screw/bolt whatever which holds the bearing in place has come loose.

2nd Cause.  --- even rarer -- the head has slipped off the track.

Hope this helps.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Still getting the same problem..it's really affecting my business (losing a lot of jobs because of this issue).  Anyone have any suggesting in term of sending it to uscutter for service or something.  Desperately needs this issue resolve. 

appreciate any help.

Still getting the same problem..it's really affecting my business (losing a lot of jobs because of this issue).  Anyone have any suggesting in term of sending it to uscutter for service or something.  Desperately needs this issue resolve. 

appreciate any help.

You can email me directly for warranty options: kenimes@uscutter.com

Hi,

Basically, when it cuts straight horizontal lines, for some reason the blade doesn't cut deep enough. 

It cuts fine when cutting curves. 

What I tried so far:    change blades (multiple times)

removed cutting strip

cleaned track and wheel

adjusted blade pressure, thickness of material and speed.

With no resolution to this problem.

I include pics.  don't know how clear they are..

Thanks for all you help..

post-1617-12986514354326_thumb.jpg

post-1617-1298651438138_thumb.jpg

i just started having this problem over the weekend after i put a new blade in. i have yet to figure out what the actual problem is. it's not the cutting strip, though.

any thoughts would be appreciated.