Sign in to follow this  
Sassy Shirts

Laserpoint and Sign Blazer installation?

First, I can't believe there is not a specific forum for the laserpoint.

second.

I received my laserpoint today - thank you.

I have a few critical questions however.

It would be nice to have an assembly manual. I musta put this together and taken it apart 4 times before I got it right.

I assume the washers are for the bolts to the cutter mount? not enouph for all the bolts.

trick to assemply is make sure the flat part of the side pieces are on the inside.

note: one hole of the cross member was not threaded at all.

Next:

SB install.

What driver do I use? there is no referrance to the laser point. I ried the one mentioned farther down in the threads but no luck getting it to work.

The instructions say to use the LCD screen to find the baud rate of the cutter. huh - there is no option on the menu for this.

I'm pretty sure the short instructions are for the refine series plotter.

I am using the USB cable and have checked the driver

I checked the baud rate at the driver properties.

I have tried 4800, 9600 and 19200 baud rate making sure SB matches the driver baud rate each time. no luck

I also have not received my registration # yet.

I need some frame of referrance for setting up this cutter.

what is it and where is the information for setting it up?

I called and your voice mail was not operational.

I sure could use some help here.

I plan on doing a write up/review on this cutter in another popular forum and it sure would be nice to receive some assistance.

Bill

Sassy Shirts

The LaserPoint is so new that I have not added a category for it as of yet, but will very soon. Same goes for the setup insert, needs to be updated and easier to understand, and will be ready soon.

For the LaserPoint, use the Creation driver in SignBlazer. You will also need to make sure the correct COM port is selected and that the Buad rate on the cutter matches that in SBE.

I am alsways happy to assist. Email me directly with your contact information and I can schedule a time to call you: kenimes@uscutter.com

ok, I think I got it.

I figured I'd post here for others to learn from so they don't have to schedule a call.

Thanks for the offer by the way of scheduling a tech support call but, I simply couldn't wait an entire weekend.

another note: I still havent received my reg. number for SB.

ok.

I have mine up and running with the USB cable. I refused to give up and try the serial cable. It's such OLD technology and I'm simply to stubborn.

Platform

Windows XP SP2

After installing the USB drivers verify the COM # within the device manager.

This does not always work. Mine defaulted to COM 6 at 9600 baud flow control off.

This default did NOT work for me.

After some fiddling I changed the COM setting within device manager to COM 2.

When within the device manager / port manager / Serial USB / properties - click advanced. click the com # and you are presented with several choices.

Luckily you are shown what is free and what is assigned. choose a free COM # then click OK.

then before you close device manager make sure to choose "FLOW CONTROL" HARDWARE !!

goto the SB set-up within the cut menu and you will notice the COM assignments changed also. Choose the COM here that you set up within device manager.

verify the baud rate matches the baud rate within device manager. Also choose the radio button "FLOW CONTROL" HARDWARE.

If this does not work for you keep changing the COM #'s in device manager, then match that within SB setup and you'll find one that works.

This worked for me.

I hope this helps.

I plan on a complete write up on the LaserPoint including a stand assembly instructions from a Noobs viewpoint.

I sure hope US Cutter completes a basic stand assembly instruction sheet with future units sold. I had a bear of a time figuring it out.

I would also hope that a operators manual is in the NEAR future for the laserPoint - it really seems to have potential!

Bill

Sassy Shirts

www.sassy-shirts.com

I thought the assembly instructions were a little vague and I admit that I asked this forum for help. The only thing that I really needed insight on was which roller the media guides should go on.

If found the manual for the laser point on the CD that had the USB drivers. A vinyl cutter seems to be such an intricate machine that I made a point to review it thoroughly before trying to really use it. Glad I did. Still didn't know what I was really doing, but was confident that I wouldn't break it. As far as which driver to use - I set it to the Copam and it seems to work fine. I tried some of the other cutters listed, but then ended up getting some kind of strange error. I thought I did have some communication issues, but I downloaded an patch and that seemed to fix it right up.

As far as LaserPoint not having its own category ... I managed to get some really awesome support from the forum participants. Just pick the nearest category and someone is bound to help you. Hopefully I'll be able to help with what little I know in a short amount of time.

This is a great forum. Be good to the forum, it'll be good to you. It's been good to me, that's for sure.

:angry:

some of us read every single post,so if you need help,you should get it no matter where you post.

Note to Marcus...if I had a stand for every cutter,I would not only do a detailed instruction manual for you,but also a video. I have time on my hands

this thread helped me out. Uscutter. why don't someone write a nice setup instruction on the unit? I don't see it as a hard task. If you want to push these units, at least have some proper instructions to get these things running with pictures! :why:

this thread helped me out. Uscutter. why don't someone write a nice setup instruction on the unit? I don't see it as a hard task. If you want to push these units, at least have some proper instructions to get these things running with pictures! :why:

Indeed, it is on our "to do" list, however, finding the time to do what is on the list........ :-