Sign in to follow this  
the vinyl tree

HEELLLPPP!!! Flexi's crashed!

My wife and I put a new program on to speed up our computer and since then Flexi has been crashing. I can open up Flexi and production manager separately, but when I go to cut something through Flexi, I am getting continual production manager time out messages come up.

I have reinstalled Flexi four times, reg cleaned once, uninstalled firewall and antivirus, and have removed the new program, but still having the same issue. I have also done a restore to before I installed the new program and Flexi is still giving the same error once I restored. I have put the Flexi settings back to default preferences, as suggested in an earlier post, but still nothing.

Since then I have taken the restore point off again (as it hadn't made any difference) and am trying to pull out my hair (but I'm already bald!) and have no idea what else to try! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Pete,

Just for testing.

Make a restore point of the current mesh.

How far can you can go back with restore points (as far as possible) and install flexi only again as a test.

If that fails too then there is something else wrong.

Paco

My wife and I put a new program on to speed up our computer and since then Flexi has been crashing. I can open up Flexi and production manager separately, but when I go to cut something through Flexi, I am getting continual production manager time out messages come up.

I have reinstalled Flexi four times, reg cleaned once, uninstalled firewall and antivirus, and have removed the new program, but still having the same issue. I have also done a restore to before I installed the new program and Flexi is still giving the same error once I restored. I have put the Flexi settings back to default preferences, as suggested in an earlier post, but still nothing.

Since then I have taken the restore point off again (as it hadn't made any difference) and am trying to pull out my hair (but I'm already bald!) and have no idea what else to try! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

may I ask what type of program you put on to speed up your computer?,  and suggest to take it back off,,  or put Flexi on a different computer if available

Thanks in advance,

Pete

may I ask what type of program you put on to speed up your computer?,  and suggest to take it back off,,  or put Flexi on a different computer if available

Put Flexi on a new computer. This will be the best test.

Generally these 'Speed Optimization' programs are malware garbage. What is the name? A quick google search will give you some answers on that software.

I'm going to second Levi on this.  Software who claim to speed up your computer, often messes with your operating system, and it's booting process.  I would recommend disabling this software before trying to uninstall it though.  As with most of these software, uninstalling immediately could cause some of the changes to stick for some reason.