The LaserPoint is finally all setup (even got a little help with the stand questions too) ... at least I hope I set it up right  :D

When the slide depresses the red button is there a "right" way to get it off the red button? The whole control panel becomes non-responsive, and all it shows me is the x and y access info.

Forgive the noob questions - what is the red button for?

Thanks!

Guest sciondrgn

If it is the same as the normal pcut, it stops the motor to prevent damage to the carriage,..

Just power down the unit and slide the carriage away from the sides and then power back on and everything should be good to go!

If it keeps depressing the red buttons, your origin point may be off or you could be cutting outside the bounds of your cutter parameters.

Thanks for the input.

I actually wasn't cutting anything. I just powered it up and was trying to align the razor toward the right side of the machine... which leads me to another questions...

Does it really matter if the media is lined up toward the right side of the of the machine? I'm thinking not, since there is the ability to change the point of origin, but I just want to stick to what the standard or best practices are when using the cutter.

Sorry with the noob question. I come from the land of CAD plotting and regardless size, all media had to be aligned on the right side of the machine.  :D

It really does not matter where you load the material, but the cutter cuts from right to left, so I usually suggest loading it to the right side.

I always align the media in the middle.  It seems that it is pretty hard to get the vinyl to track perfectly so I put it in the middle so it doesn't run into the sides.

Guest sciondrgn

My normal vinyl  (15" wide) I load on the right and if Ive cutting out of scraps/strips I use the left side since the pinch roller alignment allows for smaller widths