Sign in to follow this  
American And Proud

871,third time Trying to cut this, STOPS 2/3rds the way.

Guest fivestar

Your file cut fine......I never tried to weed it..... I set my cutter at the fastest speed and cut it......It took me about 17 minutes to cut it at my fastest speed so I'd say to cut it at a speed to get it to weed would probably take close to an hr.

I'm using the CE5000-60 which is the 24" model, any new GraphTec would cut that file with no problems, I'd say.

Your file cut fine......I never tried to weed it..... I set my cutter at the fastest speed and cut it......It took me about 17 minutes to cut it at my fastest speed so I'd say to cut it at a speed to get it to weed would probably take close to an hr.

I'm using the CE5000-60 which is the 24" model, any new GraphTec would cut that file with no problems, I'd say.

Love the graphtec also

Well it seems a Graphtec or a Roland are what I will be buying here from a Local source.

I really don't feel like going through all the crap that Mader had to go through only to be told in the end to upgrade cutters.

AP I have a Roland GX24 with CutStudio. I don't know the version you are talking about but the GX24 works great. Never had an issue w it. Cut Studio gets the job done but you will still need a program such as Corel or Cadworxlive.com for extensive editing capabilities. I bought mine for $1400 and it came with a buch of heat press vinyl/twill/blades/cut studio. All the ISS shows are kicking into gear this time of year. They will have show specials and will give you a deal on the floor model too. Good Luck whatever you decide to do.

American, it could be the small amount of memory that the machine has. Have you tried asking for a memory upgrade. I could of swore I hear them say they had an upgrade to it.

But none the less, not sure what to tell you. I upgrade because I wanted to. Not because anyone forced me too. It was either keep the cutter and try and solve the problem which could resort to the problem never getting fixed, or get out of it and try something else. If for some reason this cutter has the same problems and cuts jagged or has any other flaws, you best believe it's getting put right back in the box and sent back. And i'll keep the 871 and cut somewhere else. Hang in there.

Thanks Tory.

I am leaning towards a Roland, I have Corel draw X4 suite, Illustrator CS2 (waiting on CS5 to come out) I just don't have time to play guessing games and need a cutter that actually Works.

I'll price out both the Rolands and the Graphtecs, and decide.

I gotta be able to cut stuff, the MH refine 871 is iffy at best, and signblazer freezes and locks up so you have to force shut down your computer, thats a pretty pathetic combo being sold.

American, it could be the small amount of memory that the machine has. Have you tried asking for a memory upgrade. I could of swore I hear them say they had an upgrade to it.

But none the less, not sure what to tell you. I upgrade because I wanted to. Not because anyone forced me too. It was either keep the cutter and try and solve the problem which could resort to the problem never getting fixed, or get out of it and try something else. If for some reason this cutter has the same problems and cuts jagged or has any other flaws, you best believe it's getting put right back in the box and sent back. And i'll keep the 871 and cut somewhere else. Hang in there.

I havent seen the memory upgrade on their site since buying my cutter, my computer has 4 gigs running XP.

You upgraded after WEEKS of trying to get your New cutter working, they wore you down and you get to the point of just give me a cutter that Works.

Bingo, they sell you a more expensive unit.

Your not the only one, I have seen other post with problems and the fix seems to be selling a more expensive cutter.

A Classic "Bait And Switch" with a new twist? :thumbsup:

Guest sciondrgn

He was referring to the Refines, Internal memory could be upgraded. I dont see it any longer on the site, They have have stopped selling the memory upgrades

He was referring to the Refines, Internal memory could be upgraded. I dont see it any longer on the site, They have have stopped selling the memory upgrades

From what I have read about the memory upgrade was it is only listed on the website when they have them, it has not been listed for a long time.

And as you said may not even be available anymore.

From what I have read about the memory upgrade was it is only listed on the website when they have them, it has not been listed for a long time.

And as you said may not even be available anymore.

This is true..when they get very low or run out, the pull the listing. Why they allow themselves to get that low, I have no idea...unless the Chinese suppliers are hard to deal with.

Something you could try if you haven't done so is open file up in AI and use the simplify path feature to reduce nodes. And try again cutting.

No guarantees but it may do it for you.

Will this also reduce the detail, just vectorizing it took away alot of the hairlines in the j peg?

Guest fivestar

A&P I looked at the file again and there's twice as many as nodes as there needs to be.  You need to combine or weld the black and white, I never paid attention when I cut it, but the way it sits, it will cut everything twice.

Guest fivestar

You should just ungroup it.......then select all and weld.  I'm not at the store right now so I can't try it, but that should work.

A&P, If you used Illustrator to live trace it, it traces both the black and the white so you can double lines for everything. Not sure if this option is in CS2, but in CS3, you can exclude overlapping objects. Not entirely sure, but I think it's under Windows - Align - Pathfinder.

I got CS4 last week, haven't had a chance to install and try it yet, but it prob still traces the overlapping objects...

A&P, If you used Illustrator to live trace it, it traces both the black and the white so you can double lines for everything. Not sure if this option is in CS2, but in CS3, you can exclude overlapping objects. Not entirely sure, but I think it's under Windows - Align - Pathfinder.

I got CS4 last week, haven't had a chance to install and try it yet, but it prob still traces the overlapping objects...

I found what you mention, did it and saved it then open it in SBE and it still shows black and white colors?

Start with the live trace, Outline it, ungroup it, and Exclude Overlapping.

Sent you an email with more detailed instructions.

Good Luck

American I can help you this morning... It's 6:30AM here and I am in the office, feel free to call me so we can get you the support you need. 1-888-298-8143 x7113