Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyMeMe

Making Rhinestone Tranfers

Hi ,

It seems everyone has caught the bug of rhinestones,, and I love it, as there is nothing more fun for me than to sit at he computer and design for rhinestones.

However there are some facts that everyone needs to know about making the actual Rhinestone Transfer.

Transfers can be made by hand or from a tempalte, or from a cam machine but if you are making a Rhinestone Transfer from a Template you will need patience.

They will be the most beautiful things you have done,, but those lil stones can get the best of you, you will need to learn on a basic template first, single stone and not a fill design or you will leave lots of stones behind untill you get your technique down,

you will be able to progress as you get better, but start with a basic font or something first,

Now not all template material is the same,, and not all transfer tape is the same.

There are some Templates and transfer tapes that work better with 4mm or 2mm stones.

The hardest design to manage is a filled, multi stone, 2mm  multi color design, you can do them but get some time under your belt first,

When purchaseing supplies ask the poeple what they recommend for the design and size stone you are using.

Alot of poeple get frustrated as when they pull the tape back stones pop off all over, if you dont have your techinique down , just slow down and

take your time,, I just wanted to post this, as I have had alot of emails stating that the template was not the hard part, but the transer was the hard part to make,,

It is so worth it to make these, so just go slow and learn you techinique and go from there..

if you need any help , please ask

MMM

Thanks for providing everyone this info MMM.

What works very well for me is to mount the template onto a stiff substrate...and once all the stones are in place and the hotfix tape applied, turn everything upside down and pull the hotfix tape down and away from the template.  The gravity will help those stones come right out of the template and produce a great looking transfer!

Yep Scott with  all my fill designs i flip them over,,  Also if i am making tons of transfers from one template, I mount it on plexiglass, or a table,, as the glue on some of the template material is repostionalble.

MMM