ford74

winpcsign downloading graphics ???

when i download a graphic from the graphic requests on this forum for some reason they wiil not work. when i try to open it to winpcsign a box pops up and says bad format? any ideas  thanks in advance    doug

Probably need to vectorize the graphic first before opening with WinPCSign......not sure.

messing around with another image from this web site, one that had been converted to a 16 eps file and it worked good, how do i convert these images :D?

winpc can be sometimes finicky with ai and eps files...

can you like post a link to the image, or at least, which thread the particular image is in so I can see if i can help?

not sure how to post a link to it, so i just refreshed it to the top, any help would be greatly appreciated  thanks

Guest Terry

Tater I use Flexi with no problems ever on any graphic, But when I import to Win PC it ask what format, and it never shows up, it says eps or bmp. any none of them open. Its like it will only except graphics that you revectorize in WINPC. I can never just import a file and have it show up and cut. Would like to use it more because of the outline effects and shadow stuff it does.

Well, I guess yeah, I have the same problem too...

The thing about eps and AI files is there quite fincky...  I know they are diffrent... But I dont know how to tell the diffrence between them honestly...  I just use diffrent programs till it works... For example, if the image loads up good in flexi, then try to export in a diffrent format (like AI, svg), that winpc supports...

My adobe, I can save an AI file is TEN diffrent formats... Why? I have no idea... To think that to make it easier, the programmers would just come up with a diffrent extension like ai2 or ai3 or whatever, But who am I??? oh thats right, another frustrated user on this board... LOL...  I mean think about it... any MP3 player will play and MP3... so why not the same with AI or eps? Dont know.....

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me...

:angry::D :D