Sign in to follow this  
bugzmaxx

4 color logo

how do you layer a four color logo? i know about reg. marks. do i need to save them in each of the four colors? how do i get them to all be in the same spot on the graphic.

Place you reg marks on the design that has all the colors then when you go to cut them you choose the color your going to cut and the reg marks will be there when you switch to the next color they will also be there. I'm sure someone else can explain it better I'm not very good at typing directions.

What I do is this.

If you are cutting lets say a red, green, blue, yellow decal make a square box thats purple in 2 or 3 spots just above your decal.

When you cut each color also select the purple so you are cutting each decal color and the reg mark then just line up all the boxes

Create your logo in Signblazer. Then place 2 1/2" square boxes at the top left and right corners of your logo. Make these boxes a unique color from any of your four colors. Then goto the cut screen. Next to your design in the window at the top left you will see a row of colored boxes. these are all the colors in your design. Select the first color you want to cut and have loaded in your cutter. That part of the design will appear in the window. Now press and hold the CTRL key, and click the color you used for registration mark boxes. This will select both colors, you can do this with multiple colors, Clicking again while holding CTRL will De select the color. it will now display the Reg boxes with the part of the design you are cutting. Make sure in the Save Space tab at the top left, there are NO boxes checked, this will mess up your registration alignment.

Repeat this for each color you need to cut. then assemble using the video posted by Tek above.

Kevin

may not be correct but i make my layered design, i then click open and select my reg mark and open it as a template, i can then copy that and place it where ever i want on the screen, now no matter what colour i select to cut my reg marks will always appear.

i have attached the SBD reg mark if anyone wants it

rego.SBD

rego.SBD

Pitkin i do something similar when using SB. but I saved the reg mark template as an EPS and then import it into the design I am using.

Kevin

same principal i guess, as long as it works it doesnt really matter how you get there, all i need to figure out now is how to get the vinyl to feed nice and straight over lengths of over a metre, it runs staright for about 90cm then starts to drift, so when i do layers it starts fine, but by the end of the length the layer has got so far out of line its a joke, its usually only around 10mm but it looks awful