arthur712

Speed? Force? Settings?

I just pushed a couple wrong buttons and messed up my settings.

What is the speed and force should be set at?

24" uscutter mh721

Thanks for your help!

Artie

Every time you turn it on you'll have to set those settings.  Also, every machine is slightly different.  And, the material you are cutting is different.  When you change from one viyl to another (even diff. color same type) you should make a test cut to adjust your settings.

Some people cut with a pressure of 30-40 most of the time, and some people cut at 90-110.  Just depends.

Same goes with speed. 

It also depends on blade depth in the holder. A blade farther out will tend to take less pressure to cut. But don't let the blade get too far out or you'll start cutting the backing as well and you'll never get it off. Also, i've noticed it takes a bit more force to cut the crappy BGS vinyl then it does with the 651.

You shouldn't have to be resetting the pressure and force every time you turn on your machine. They are stored in memory and should come back when you use it next time.

Kevin

You shouldn't have to be resetting the pressure and force every time you turn on your machine. They are stored in memory and should come back when you use it next time.

Kevin

It depends - I unplug my machine when I leave my office, so as to not risk a power surge damaging the equipment.  If you leave it plugged in, I think it will hold it.

I have 2 of the MH series cutters - they have never once held the force and speed settings when I turn it off.

Mine doesn't either.

My MH-721 doesn't either. It resets every time to -->      Speed=24 Force=100.

No matter what I do, it always defaults to these settings. It generally cuts Oracal 651 good at those settings for me so I just leave it there.

For 651 I also use 40 almost always.  The speed I adjust depending on the size and detail of the graphic.

yep! Exactly

I have 2 of the MH series cutters - they have never once held the force and speed settings when I turn it off.

Wow, that sucks.  My LP24 holds whatever settings I program when I turn it off. 

For the record, I pretty much use Speed 60, pressure 100 for everything.  I turn the speed down to 50 for fine lines.