Sign in to follow this  
grumpybadger

First "Big" Job

So I finally got a decent sized job to work on. Its not perfect (I'm the first to admit that!) but its been a great learning exercise. I know it isn't the best photograph, but constructive criticism welcomed. :)

ring_map.jpg

I like it. Didn't you ask how wthis might be done a while back. I thnk it turned out fantastic.

Jay

That is a pretty big project to handle and I think you did REALLY good!!  :)

Thanks everyone.  ;D

Road course? Indeed, it's The Nurburgring in Germany. A friend of mine runs a business which does trips over there for all the petrolheads (or gearheads?) so this is an advertisment for the business.

I like it. Didn't you ask how wthis might be done a while back. I thnk it turned out fantastic.

Jay

Thats right Jay I did.

It turned out to be just a case of laying it out dry to get an idea of positioning, making some markers on the car and then applying it wet. A little "massaging" with a heat gun to help it around a few of the compound curves and a bit of fiddling and it was done. Not as bad as I was expecting to be honest.

The bottom runs right over the gas cap which  thought would be "straightforward" to work around, but it turned out to be quite involved, the worst bit of the whole job. Still, all part of the learning curve.  ;D Bring on the next one!