Sign in to follow this  
noosh

A very overwhelmed cutter buyer!!

Hi there...I am really confused at the moment!! I currently do all my decals on a 'Craft Robo'...I hear gasps from you all!! But it really does a great job!! But  it is way too small...8" .....(gasps heard again!! ;D..) I cut mainly decals for childrens rooms all designed by me ...hand sketched and then vectorised. But my designs are limited to being only 8" wide and so I would like to look at purchasing a 24" cutter...I think.. wow the designs I could do with a 24"!!.. I have been trolling through this fantastic forum and I think now I am even more confused!! 

I have looked into the MH721 which is available through ebay for AUD $699 +delivery...I have considered a roland but a little afraid of the cost as I am only a home based business..would it be worth the big price tag of a roland and would it eventually pay for itself?...I have even considered the KLIC-N-KUT MAXX 24" which retails for around $1600 AUD...does a lot of mediums cardstock etc..similar to the small craft robo I have.

The big problem I have found with the MH721 is after sales service as I live in Australia and I can only find it through what seems to be a importer on ebay!

Is there any Aussies here that have purchased the MH721 from ebay without a problem?

Any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks!!

I have the MH721 and use it for the very same reason you do. I was hoping to pay it off in the first year- and with minimal effort I paid it off in six months flat. It's a great deal. I've used it just about nonstop for the past year and a half and have had a great time with it. It's easy to use, and does a great job. The blades for it are cheap, too.

If you need help- let me know. I do more indoor things, which is getting more popular all of the time. It's well worth it.

Thanks so much lexiprice for your reply!!...It seems that ..on this forum anyway..that quiet a few people use the MH721 ..It just worries me that because I can only purchase it from an 'importer' on ebay, I will have no tech support if it stops working. I know I can get great support on here if I need to though!

Well I have been cutting vinyl for about 10 years and have 3 cutters, a lynx 12"(express vinyl), a master 24" (works great for sandblasting mask make way too much noise) and a few years ago at a trade show my wife wanted a contour cutter to "play with" she saw the robocraft and wanted it. I said no way, if you want one get the graphtec 15" (it was just 1,000 bucks) I insisted she order that one and she loves it. I have really taken it over as it is now our workhorse in the shop. It works everytime with out having to tweak it all the time.

That is what we have and I came in the forum to read about the http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-LaserPoint-Vinyl-Cutter-w-CONTOUR-CUTTING-feature-_p_567.html cutter to see what folks think of it. I will be ordering a new 24" cutter on Monday, right now I am set on the 24" Graphtec http://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-CE5000-Series-Vinyl-Cutter_p_125.html because we love the graphtec so much that we would really love to stay with it.

If I had never known the ease of the graphtec cutter I am sure I would love the Lazerpoint cutter, the price is great and it also does the contour cuts.

I guess I have taken the long way around it, but even in a home based business time is still money and with everything else a a "homemaker" has to do the last thing you want to do is babysit the cutter. I have heard some great tings about the Lazerpoint cutter, which is why I am wonder too if it could be the way to go.

Good luck in your search...

Noosh,

You have found a great place for tech support on just about any cutter here. There are many experts. I currently own a Pcut 630 24" and its great for basic stuff. I'm upgrading next year though.

USCUTTER has a great tech support department too. I'm not sure if they ship over seas but it might be worth giving them a call.

I have to modify my post about which one I would recommend. After reading around a bit I can not believe I considered anything but another graphtec. I was just being very shortsighted about saving a few bucks now, but be sorry later. I have never been sorry with my 15" graphtec so I know I will love the new 24".

It really is true that once you have had the best, you just will not be satisfied with the rest.

thanks for all the replies!!!..I think I might head for a graphtec. I do love my craftrobo!!! Also I cut directly from illustrator ..there seems to only be a few systems that allow you to do this...graphtec being one of them. I do all my own designing from the initial hand drawing on paper which I then scan into illustrator and then vectorise...I really dont want to have to then save as different format and send to a cutting softwaronee! Just lazy I guess when I can just cut from illy!!..thanks again everyone :thumbsup:

noosh feel free to give us a call here at US Cutter... We love to just give out good information, we don't really try to sell anyone! If you have some questions we will have solid answers to help you out.

noosh feel free to give us a call here at US Cutter... We love to just give out good information, we don't really try to sell anyone! If you have some questions we will have solid answers to help you out.

yeah and post back here so others can benefit from that advice.

HI ..I'D LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPLY TO MY POST ..... I ENDED UP PURCHASING A ROLAND GX-24 AND I AM VERY  :thumbsup: HAPPY WITH IT !!! THANKS AGAIN!

for a basic cutter the mh-721 is great...i have used and abused mine and it just keeps cutting....i have a friend with a 721 too and he has had 0 problems it is a little noisy when it cuts but for the the price compared to others you can buy 3 of them to to 1 of the others.....and i did buy mine from a ebay dealer with no problems.....!!!