Sign in to follow this  
Xmom

What is the difference in using a TT verses O type font in SB?

I finally found some fonts I like to use for a craft group I am in.  (not for profit, just girls having fun)  I purchased some fonts, some of which were the O type fonts.  I downloaded and added them to my windows font but when I bring up my fonts in SB, the O type do not show up.  And of course, they were the ones I wanted to use for a Christmas project.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, XMom

o (open) fonts are not compatable with SB. Here is what i do...

do your design in inkscape...save as .eps,and import in SB to cut.

Oh, I was afraid of that.  I do not have Inkscape or another program.  I am just in this for fun.  With a deployed hubby and five kids, the fun stuff even gets hard to do. 

Any other options?

Thanks, XMom

option is to download  inkscape   www.inkscape.org.  it is a free software to download and   free to use ,,,,and FREE is FUN!!!!!

Serious?!  Free is good...but is it easy?!  I will wait until I have kiddos in bed and try it.  Thanks!  (but don't be surprised if I come back needing more help.  lol)

Thanks!  XMom

Serious?!  Free is good...but is it easy?!  I will wait until I have kiddos in bed and try it.  Thanks!  (but don't be surprised if I come back needing more help.  lol)

Thanks!  XMom

there is an Inkscape thread with tutorials and videos right here in the forum  under the inkscape thread.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/board,34.0.html 

as I remember..in inkscape..you just do the text..you don't have to vectorize...it automatically saves as an .eps

I played around with it for a bit last night and it does give you the option to save it as an eps.  You just type the letters in text since each one represents a symbol...pretty simple.  The rest of Inkscape is overwhelming right now.  I just have to find a lot of spare time to figure it out and watch the tutorials and such.  Thanks1

XMom