Sign in to follow this  
nose49

Blade Chatter on LP

I have a problem that I get a sort of blade chatter on most of my cuts with the laserpoint (small perforations as opposed to continous cuts).  It does not  happen to all the cut lines. but if I do multiple cuts of the same images it occurs in the same places on all images. Resulting in a jagged edge on those cuts. Anyone know how to fix this?

usually too much blade sticking out - should be 1/2 as deep as a credit card as a general rule to start

Tried all positions with the blade. Blade just barely sticking out. I have put a small amount of oil on the blade to help with spin.  Have changed pressure settings, speed, ect.. It has always been a problem . Sold refine mh721 to get this and made a big mistake.  The machine only has about 5 hours use max since i bought it a year ago, because it just doesn't work. This is a replacement bladeholder that I'm using.

What type brand of material are you cutting and what degree is your blade?

I had a problem with black 651. Changed blade from 60

I'll put the photos up in a couple of hours (soon as I get to my computer). I sincerely appreciate your help.

Here's a couple of photo's of the problem.  Thanks in advance for any help.  I'm using SBE with an AMD 2.3GHZ dual core processor, windows Vista. 

post-4174-12986546243948_thumb.jpg

post-4174-1298654624469_thumb.jpg

post-4174-12986546256368_thumb.jpg

post-4174-12986546257005_thumb.jpg

What is your pressure set at?

I assume since the cutter is new, the cutting strip is in good shape, no major gouges or cuts?

Here's a couple of photo's of the problem.  Thanks in advance for any help.  I'm using SBE with an AMD 2.3GHZ dual core processor, windows Vista. 

have you made sure there is no pieces of vinyl in the blade holder,  , is it spinning freely, have you tried adjusting  offset.. Is that jagged cutting on all  designs you cut? 

Cutting strip is in excellent shape.  Spped makes it worse.  I have checked the spinning of the blade in the holder, it seems to spin freely but is hard to tell when in operation. Blade offset is 0.00.  Thanks

Offset should be at 0.25 in SBE, but that isn't what is causing this problem, although it's causing the corner in one of the photos you posted, I believe.

When you load your vinyl, is it flat all the way across the cutting strip?  I noticed the chattering gets worse in the center of the cut, but isn't as bad at the beginning and the end.

Where do you have your pinch rollers located?

I think you still may have your blade out too far.  Did you use the instructions in the Instruction Contribution forum to set it?

The pinch rollers are about 1-1/2 inches in from the sides the vinyl is flat. The blade is just barely visible (~1/2 thickness of a credit card).  I tried it with the blade out more, no effect on the problem.

Have you tried a different blade? I thought I read one post where the baled had been machined wrong and trying a differen blade solved a similar problem.

Please post pictures of the same cut done with the pen attachment. This looks like a text book blade depth issue.

I have had this happen a few times. and it seems to be worse when it's cutting at an angle a certain way. I found many times it was too much pressure. Lp comes default to 120 for the pressure so you kind of work from that point, but what I have found is reducing the pressure to 90 then adjusting you blade so it cuts correctly seems to work a lot better. This also eliminates a lot of the alignment problems with smaller graphics since the pressure isn't causing it to pull as much.

Kevin