Sign in to follow this  
lexiprice

Lots of problems with sign blazer tonight- this time cutting diagonal lines

Okay- so I've had a problem like this before, where on its own it cut lines accross my project- I switched to a serial port and it's been fine since- but now it's doing something totally wierd. On sign blazer in the 'cut' area it starts at the bottom right of the project and makes diagonal lines at different degrees going to the other side of my project. Any ideas?

Usually this means:  Blade sticking out too far.  Vinyl bending up - need more roller.  Or, static if it is doing this randomly.

I don't know. It's being told to cut that FROM Signblazer. The lines show up in the cut screen along with the lettering.

Yeah, mine does that too.  It plots it's preferred path to make the cuts.  The paths don't necessarily cut - the carriage should lift. 

If I cut numerous decals at once, the cut screen will usually show MANY diagonal cuts, but it only cuts the correct paths - unless my vinyl curls up, or I set the blade out too far. 

if you have a copam I would suggest flexi - that's how I resolved my line of death issue