Sign in to follow this  
Guest kenya

Another beer mug

Guest kenya

I wanted to make my brother a beer mug.

Since he was always a Dale Sr. fan, I thought that it would be perfect for him.

I have a Dale image on one side (Thanks tekcorps) & the # 3 on the other.

This sandblasting is addictive.  :thumbsup:

post-0-12986545973497_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986545973963_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986545986632_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986545986946_thumb.jpg

kenya nice work i see you got one of the dale jr mugs liek i done not to long ago

how do you like sand carving compaired to vinyl

here where i live at there are a ton of vinyl business to shack a stick at and hit at least 200 of them with in a 5 mile radiouse

Great work Kenya! I'm going to get my cabinet this week, so excited! I'm getting a little tired of doing clothing! LOL!!  What media are you using to get such a great etch on the mugs?

Don, have you thought about doing tshirts and hoodies and such? I do some banners, yard signs but the bulk of my business is clothing. I really have no interest in doing signs, there is a really good sign shop in the next town over, he has been there for a good 10 yrs. He really is good and I have no desire to try and get into that part of it, I found my niche within the vinyl industry in the clothing side but I am willing to branch out into the sand blasting side! No one does that around here!

Cre8tiveCutter i thought about doing tshirts and such but once i get my head above water a little bit more i will then get a heat press

i agree on the one post in ref to vinyl signs there are alot of people out there that is getting into vinyl signs to many to compete with and to shake a stick at

sandblastign does not pear the edges up ive had it in one spot for little over 4 minutes with out any tearing of any kind 

Guest kenya

Great work Kenya! I'm going to get my cabinet this week, so excited! I'm getting a little tired of doing clothing! LOL!!  What media are you using to get such a great etch on the mugs?

Don, have you thought about doing tshirts and hoodies and such? I do some banners, yard signs but the bulk of my business is clothing. I really have no interest in doing signs, there is a really good sign shop in the next town over, he has been there for a good 10 yrs. He really is good and I have no desire to try and get into that part of it, I found my niche within the vinyl industry in the clothing side but I am willing to branch out into the sand blasting side! No one does that around here!

Your going to like sandblasting..... go for it.

kenya nice work i see you got one of the dale jr mugs liek i done not to long ago

how do you like sand carving compaired to vinyl

here where i live at there are a ton of vinyl business to shack a stick at and hit at least 200 of them with in a 5 mile radiouse

I really like it.... it's different & I love seeing the results when I remove the protective covering.

Very nice work,Will sand blasting not tear up the edges.

So far, I've used application tape for my covering, but I also use four strips of scrap vinyl to put on my edges. This keeps the tape from blowing out of place. Never had a problem with the vinyl blasting off. But I always clean the glass really good, then wipe it with alcohol, before I apply my vinyl.

I'm going to dive in there TODAY! Went to Raleigh NC ( 1.5 hours away) to Harbor Freight and got my sand blasting cabinet, walnut shells, and 70- aluminum oxide. also got some weeding picks while I was there.

I went ahead and got the cabinet on the stand because it was on sale for 219 ( 80.00 off the reg price). My experience in making this purchase was not the greatest but it didnt dampen my excitement..not one bit!

I found the cabinet set up and I have to admit I was for a second a bit intimidated on how LARGE it was! The table top version was set up next to it and it appeared to be exactly the same as the one free standing. I stuck my hands in the gloves on both machines, opened the side door and peered inside, knocked on both cabinets, looked down in the glass window, stuck my hands in the gloves again, picked up the guns and chuckled to myself on how similar they are to my water hose guns. there was a difference in the guns on each cabinet. Also I noticed that the free standing cabinet would be easier to clean out then the one that sits on a table. I was doubly excited to see the free standing cabinet was ON SALE, it didnt say that online at all. I finally tracked down a floor person and with alot of animation I'm sure stated to him I wanted to BUY the cabinet. He looked at me dead pan and said ok. I then asked him if there was anything else I needed to buy for it, he said ( dead-pan) I dont know. I said well, I plan to do glass etching and I know he was dying to say SO? but instead he said ( slowly like he was talking to a retarded person) OooooooooooooooooK. He then said finish your shopping I will meet you up front.

I finished my shopping and went up front to pay, there was my new cabinet in a huge box sitting on a cart. I paid and then had to ask if I could get some help getting it on my truck. the cashier said ok and paged someone. Same guy that " helped" me make the purchase comes up front and he is the lucky winner! LOL! off we go out to the parking lot. My chevy colorado truck has got a soft top on the bed, he says your going to have to remove that. So I tried to remove it, the latch is stuck and I cant get it off to roll it back so we are both just standing there. At this point I'm thinking, going to have to remove the cabinet from the box and put it in the back of the truck in pieces. Mr Dead-Pan finally starts wrestling with the latch holding my cover on and OMG! He got dirt on his hands! He looked at his hands with disgust and gave me the dirtiest look! to his credit he finally got the latch to release and heaved the box up on to my truck and secured it. I smiled very sweetly, well as sweetly as I could and said THANK YOU!! I then left there and headed over to Dollar Tree to get some glass mugs and beer glasses, and candle holders. I spent around 50.00 so you know my casrt was overflowing with glass wear..LOL! I wont go into the boring details of my glass purchase , but I will say I asked the cashier if she had a brother working at Harbor Freight! I just don't understand why people are not as excited as I am about my new venture...<sigh> oh well! LOL!!

Hmmm...now to go to the shop and put this monster together! LOL!! I hope to get my first etched glass done today!

Renee

Renee  no need to be intimidated it is nothing it is easy to put togeither and the dollar tree i keep them in business with all the beer mugs drinking glasses candle holders i buy just about every day they I'm sure get tired of seeing me come in and ask for a case of this or that and this and that

but i hope you have a great time with your sand carving experiment it is alot more fun than regular vinyl as so many people are doing vinyl not alot of people are doing sand carving aka sandblasting 

also you can look on the internet and type in sandblasting mirrors or sandblasting glass there are alot of business doing it and the cost they charge for there work is asouning at the prices they are wanting and it is very easy to do that is why i got into it also the sandblasting aka sand carving as alot of pple do not do it and also it looks alot better than regular vinyl mess

PS HAVE FUNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm going to dive in there TODAY! Went to Raleigh NC ( 1.5 hours away) to Harbor Freight and got my sand blasting cabinet, walnut shells, and 70- aluminum oxide. also got some weeding picks while I was there.

I went ahead and got the cabinet on the stand because it was on sale for 219 ( 80.00 off the reg price). My experience in making this purchase was not the greatest but it didnt dampen my excitement..not one bit!

I found the cabinet set up and I have to admit I was for a second a bit intimidated on how LARGE it was! The table top version was set up next to it and it appeared to be exactly the same as the one free standing. I stuck my hands in the gloves on both machines, opened the side door and peered inside, knocked on both cabinets, looked down in the glass window, stuck my hands in the gloves again, picked up the guns and chuckled to myself on how similar they are to my water hose guns. there was a difference in the guns on each cabinet. Also I noticed that the free standing cabinet would be easier to clean out then the one that sits on a table. I was doubly excited to see the free standing cabinet was ON SALE, it didnt say that online at all. I finally tracked down a floor person and with alot of animation I'm sure stated to him I wanted to BUY the cabinet. He looked at me dead pan and said ok. I then asked him if there was anything else I needed to buy for it, he said ( dead-pan) I dont know. I said well, I plan to do glass etching and I know he was dying to say SO? but instead he said ( slowly like he was talking to a retarded person) OooooooooooooooooK. He then said finish your shopping I will meet you up front.

I finished my shopping and went up front to pay, there was my new cabinet in a huge box sitting on a cart. I paid and then had to ask if I could get some help getting it on my truck. the cashier said ok and paged someone. Same guy that " helped" me make the purchase comes up front and he is the lucky winner! LOL! off we go out to the parking lot. My chevy colorado truck has got a soft top on the bed, he says your going to have to remove that. So I tried to remove it, the latch is stuck and I cant get it off to roll it back so we are both just standing there. At this point I'm thinking, going to have to remove the cabinet from the box and put it in the back of the truck in pieces. Mr Dead-Pan finally starts wrestling with the latch holding my cover on and OMG! He got dirt on his hands! He looked at his hands with disgust and gave me the dirtiest look! to his credit he finally got the latch to release and heaved the box up on to my truck and secured it. I smiled very sweetly, well as sweetly as I could and said THANK YOU!! I then left there and headed over to Dollar Tree to get some glass mugs and beer glasses, and candle holders. I spent around 50.00 so you know my casrt was overflowing with glass wear..LOL! I wont go into the boring details of my glass purchase , but I will say I asked the cashier if she had a brother working at Harbor Freight! I just don't understand why people are not as excited as I am about my new venture...<sigh> oh well! LOL!!

Hmmm...now to go to the shop and put this monster together! LOL!! I hope to get my first etched glass done today!

Renee

When i assembled mine I used a silicone adhesive on all joints to minimize the sand leakage