insaneracin2003

Vinyl for making decals and shirts help....

My first post other than my introduction. I apologize in advance if this is not the place to post this question....

first off, my drawing software is Coral, I also have Inkscape and at home I use Serif Drawplus X2. My cutter is a Seiki 36" cutter.

I am starting on making decals and I need to know what I would need as in adhesive backed paper and how /what would I need to do the laminating on top of the decal for durability. I presently buy my decals from a guy I know but he won't give the info for some reason....

What I am trying to accomplish and what I need help on is:

Paper for inkjet printer with adhesive backing? Do I need a special printer?

laminate for top of decals?

Laminator?

Anything else you guys can think of that I am missing for this project?

Next....T-Shirts

What do I need to start making them?

What type of material for the iron on?

Guys I am new here and this hobby is very intreuging to me. Thanks for all the help!!!

Paul

welcome.    your questions have been asked and answered numereous times on this forum.  there is numereous threads in this forum for all of the  topics you mentioned. ,  and if you click  HOME. then search in the upper right hand corner  ENTER THE KEYWORDS,,for most all of the related matter.  The best way to learn is to READ, READ, AND READ.  :thumbsup:

Doh!! I completely forgot about the "search" option......I visit many forums and use the search quite often...I just didn't even think about it....thanks...and sorry.... guess I am just so excited about getting started....

For tee shirts you need a tee shirt vinyl. I used siser from US cutter. You need a heat press too. When you do tees you have to cut the design in mirror..

Peggy

Don't forget to Mirror - oh yea you will forget from time to time but repeat to your self remember to mirror