Guest kenya

Layout table?

Guest kenya

O.k. I'm needing a new layout table for my shop.

Any ideas on what a standard size should be or is there are standard?

I do all the usual sign work.... coroplast, banners, magnetic.

Should I go with a 4' x 8' for this or is it all just preference?

Oh, I'm 5' 8"- so I'm thinking it should be kinda tall too.  ;D

All this time I've worked off of a 24" countertop table that is 8' long & 34" tall.

And oh, the dinning room table for the large signs. :thumbsup:

Anyway.... what size works for you?

I built a 4x6 table out of MDF and 2x4's.  It's pretty high, right about my stomach height, which is a must, if not a little higher to save your back from bending over weeding.  The table probably cost me about $20 for the materials.

I haven't yet, but I plan to buy a cutting mat, which are sold in 4x4, 4x6, 4x8, etc.  Last time I checked, a 4x6 was $79, can't beat that.

Edit: 4x6 table...A 2x6 table would be silly...

I've got 2 4'X8' tables.  One has my premask dispenser mounted, the other has a 4x8 cutting mat.  They are big enough to do most banners.  Plus, I can work on 2 sides of the tables - essentially giving me 4 workspaces.  I built a shelf under mine as well - holds tons of stuff.

Vette - The kids are still screaming they want their air hockey table back!  haven't done anything yet except the big light table

i am making a 4x5 foot screen exposure table (vacuum) that will also double as a light table for laying out multiple color vinyl.

bb

i am making a 4x5 foot screen exposure table (vacuum) that will also double as a light table for laying out multiple color vinyl.

bb

Are you using UV fluorescents for the unit?

I found a 6' drafting table on Craigslist for $100. It has a side drawer for tools and a big flat drawer for vinyl scraps and other things to lay flat. Even came with a nice chair. Plenty of room for most projects and the top tilts.

http://www.mayline.com/showcase/drafting/steel_draft.html

Jay

jay I really like that one - with the ability to tilt it would be perfect!

cutme, what is this screen exposure table (vacuum)?

for exposing emulsion coated screens. something kinda like this only bigger...

bb

bb

Are you using UV fluorescents for the unit?

no. 5,000 wat metal halide with a light integrator. similar to this one...

http://www.olec.com/Manuals/94Mu05_Lights.PDF

bb

Nice.  Damn, 27A @220V, those things are monsters!  You'd be able to see that thing from space.

I just built a 1KW MH setup to replace my old 500W halogen, glad I did.  Went from 18 mins exposure to 1.

MidWaste, mind sharing a pic or PM ? I want to make one to use for emulsion and maybe photoresist for sandblasting. I know you're into both things that's why  I'd like to see what you came up with,

:o

Nice.  Damn, 27A @220V, those things are monsters!  You'd be able to see that thing from space.

I just built a 1KW MH setup to replace my old 500W halogen, glad I did.  Went from 18 mins exposure to 1.

yea, i had to put in a 30 amp circuit for it. my exposure times should be in the 10 to 15 second range. :thumbsup:

bb

MidWaste, mind sharing a pic or PM ? I want to make one to use for emulsion and maybe photoresist for sandblasting. I know you're into both things that's why  I'd like to see what you came up with,

:thumbsup:

i will snap a pic tomorrow. i just got the glass table set in place the other day. here is a pic of the light in action. the vertical lines are the electromagnetic effects of the uv light.

bb

post-2091-12986545748585_thumb.jpg

post-2091-129865457598_thumb.jpg

I paid around $100 for the ballast, socket and bulb online.  I have probably another 100 in the box, glass, and electrical.

post-2583-12986545795604_thumb.jpg

post-2583-12986545795983_thumb.jpg

post-2583-12986545810611_thumb.jpg

post-2583-12986545810861_thumb.jpg

Jay, I have the same drafting table.....it's the best damn thing for weeding  :o

My exposure unit doubles as a light table ..... hmmm might try it out

I have  Drafting table like Cutme posted only  a little bigger, but it's lighted, with white transparent glass top. I love it. Tilts and has storage underneath in the cabinet.

I also use a couple of the standard 4'x 8 folding tables to assemble.

kevin

I paid around $100 for the ballast, socket and bulb online.  I have probably another 100 in the box, glass, and electrical.

Sorry to keep asking, but what's the distance from the bulb to the glass ?

I'll get back at you to see which were the materials used if/when you have the time, my full time job is really picking up, but I still ike to do stuff when I come home.  :thumbsup:

Sorry to keep asking, but what's the distance from the bulb to the glass ?

I'll get back at you to see which were the materials used if/when you have the time, my full time job is really picking up, but I still ike to do stuff when I come home.  :thumbsup:

About 28".  I made it that far to help with heat issues, but if I were to do it over, it probably be about 20".  PM me for more details.

I have  Drafting table like Cutme posted only  a little bigger, but it's lighted, with white transparent glass top. I love it. Tilts and has storage underneath in the cabinet.

I also use a couple of the standard 4'x 8 folding tables to assemble.

kevin

it was "jay2305" that has the drafting table. i am building a vacuum table for screen exposure. it will double as a low power (4 foot flouro's) light table for vinyl assembly.

bb