haumana

what???

wonder how much it is AFTER the 30 day trial? Not a word that I can find.

I have not tried it personally, but I believe Nonabelle, was contemplating getting one.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Their website doesn't provide any info, but from what I'm seeing on eBay, the set probably floats about the $200 mark.

I think it's great concept, I just wonder how easy and practical it is. If it's a total pain in the butt, then it doesn't matter how cheap or expensive it is, people just aren't going to use it. I'm going to try and convince my brother to get one - he likes doing crafty stuff for his kids  ;D  Maybe we'll see it in Wal-Mart soon ... just like the Cricuts.  :thumbsup:

Guest TracMatt

You can get them on eBay for around $150.  Nona does have one and loves it!  I just had a conversation with her about it not long ago.

I might get one also.  They sell them at Michael's craft stores here in NY.

Tracee

Save your money, unless you want to make cheap looking shirts a few at a time.  It's a toy, basically like comparing a Cricut to a "real" cutter.  Supplies are expensive (even non-yudu emulsion sheet and chemicals), multi-color is not an option, screens are junk, expensive film positives, etc.

If you are interested in screenprinting, buy a Speedball starter kit, at very least.  It's pretty much junk too, but at least you will have some options, and will learn whether you want to continue.

Nonetheless, if you insist, yuduforums.com has some more info.

Save your money, unless you want to make cheap looking shirts a few at a time.  It's a toy, basically like comparing a Cricut to a "real" cutter.  Supplies are expensive (even non-yudu emulsion sheet and chemicals), multi-color is not an option, screens are junk, expensive film positives, etc.

If you are interested in screenprinting, buy a Speedball starter kit, at very least.  It's pretty much junk too, but at least you will have some options, and will learn whether you want to continue.

Nonetheless, if you insist, yuduforums.com has some more info.

Thanks for the advice! Definitely worth something considering.

Hey Hey!

Actually guys the cricut is not junk! LOL!! it is an expensive cutter that utilizes cartridges. software/computer optional. you do not need a computer to run it though they do sell software if you choose to hook it up to a computer. it does cut different media  and it is designed for the home scrapper. it does cut vinyl very well and its USA made! LOL!!!

I own a cricut but its tucked away at home not here in my shop though I did toy with the idea of having classes here for card making or scrapbooking. It really is a well made machine just expensive to operate between the cartridges, the cutting mats you have to use etc. I have seen the yudu at Michaels and Hobby Lobby, and it looks like a solidly built machine, if I had the extra $$ I would be getting one.

I think of the yudu to silk screening is probably similar to what the cricut is to 'real' cutting machines.

I wouldn't imagine that anyone would expect to make serious money with this type of setup, but it certainly fills the a missing void for the home hobbyist (like the circut). It'll be a good product for those who want to produce customized/personalized items for friends and family. Maybe make a few bucks here and there.

I'm still trying to convince my brother to buy one so I can see it in action on his dime.

Thor,

My wife has a Cricut, and with the right software, you can cut anything on your computer. The learning curve is steep, though.

Charlie

My sister-in-law keeps on saying she wants to pick-up a cricut for my brother (he's the more crafty between the two). But she has been warned by her friends that have one that the cartridges and mats are really pricey. I told her that she's better off giving me money for my LP (so I can use that to put it towards a Graphtec  :thumbsup:)

I have been finding cartridged for reasonable prices on Ebay. If they end up getting a Cricut, tell them to look into getting a copy of the software program "Sure Cuts Alot". Makes the cricut more usable. It lets you cut your own images from your computer. You can read about it here:  http://www.craftedge.com/products/products.html

Charlie

yes, i did purchase a yudu and yes i love it! it works for me and my space. my shirts don't look cheap. i mainly use it for one color short runs, small order in house. i have paid for my machine over and over. as far as quality goes, i don't use cheap shirts or cheap inks. i use the same inks commercial screen printers use, and my garments are professional as well.  my larger orders are outsource. i like it cause it is compact and basicly and all in one machine, doesn't take up a lot of space, and u can make a lot of money on this little joker. i have been in business over 20 year, most of my customers are have been with me since i first started. haven't had a complaint as of yet. i have produce a lot of orders on the yudu since i have owned it. have new and repeat customers that love my apparel, and designs that are produced on this lil joker. as far as some of the negative responses to this question, i was skeptical at first, but i don't regret purchasing it at all. one more thing, if u can offer ur customers more budget friendly alternatives, and create other avenue to keep ur business thriving in this economy, u should do it.

sometimes folks should refrain from making rude and unnecessary, unfounded remarks about a product until they have tried it themselves.

remember what others where saying about the p cut and us cutters machines. well... here some of yall doing the exact same thing with another product. be it as it may, if u truly knew and embraced the concept of the yudu, u wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement.

have a good one.

yes, i did purchase a yudu and yes i love it! it works for me and my space. my shirts don't look cheap. i mainly use it for one color short runs, small order in house. i have paid for my machine over and over. as far as quality goes, i don't use cheap shirts or cheap inks. i use the same inks commercial screen printers use, and my garments are professional as well.  my larger orders are outsource. i like it cause it is compact and basicly and all in one machine, doesn't take up a lot of space, and u can make a lot of money on this little joker. i have been in business over 20 year, most of my customers are have been with me since i first started. haven't had a complaint as of yet. i have produce a lot of orders on the yudu since i have owned it. have new and repeat customers that love my apparel, and designs that are produced on this lil joker. as far as some of the negative responses to this question, i was skeptical at first, but i don't regret purchasing it at all. one more thing, if u can offer ur customers more budget friendly alternatives, and create other avenue to keep ur business thriving in this economy, u should do it.

sometimes folks should refrain from making rude and unnecessary, unfounded remarks about a product until they have tried it themselves.

remember what others where saying about the p cut and us cutters machines. well... here some of yall doing the exact same thing with another product. be it as it may, if u truly knew and embraced the concept of the yudu, u wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement.

have a good one.

Love Love this response Nona! ! thanx for this

Renee

If I offended anyone, sorry.  Basically, the Yudu is to screenprinting as the Cricut is to vinyl lettering.  You can make signs, shirts, etc with the Cricut, but you are limited in size and capabilities. 

A guy down the street from me is now selling coro signs, but he can't sell anything larger than 12x18, because is he using a Cricut, lol.

A skilled user can bypass some of the limitations of the Yudu, for example; source cheaper chemicals/inks, learn to coat screens using liquid emulsion(and save big bucks), possibly do more than one color, print your own positives, potentially use plastisol inks, etc.

Long story short, If you can overcome some of the obstacles such as the small printing area, limited stock designs, single color only and find a way to make a product your customers are happy with and still make money on it, there's nothing wrong with it.  However, if you think you will be successful in selling shirts and other screenprinted garments and plan to grow this part of your business, your money would be better spent elsewhere.