USCutter VectorFest 2009

_US CUTTER FORUM_

-= VECTORFEST 2009 =-

General Info: USCutter is holding a graphical design contest! We will be accepting entries for one month. Once the one month submission period is over you will all get the opportunity to vote on which design you like best. We are going to be offering prizes to the top three submissions so everyone put your best foot forward and above all else have fun!

Prizes:  1st

I`m game :thumbsup:

Question tho...are you looking for just like a promotional tshirt design, or more of a logo design?

Ditto that, are we using your current logo/font or do you want a new one?

will you supply the USC logo?

What size should the final be? I mean is there a size which is standard for t-shirts?

Thanks!

15 X 15 is the workable area... We will post a base US Cutter Vector file today as well! I thought it was time we had some more fun on the forum...

I`m game :-[

Question tho...are you looking for just like a promotional tshirt design, or more of a logo design?

Mech we are looking for a creative design that in some way uttilizes our logo. We don't plan to advertise or use the design for any thing other then this contest, be as creative as you like. Plus all of us technical support guys want to sport the designs on shirts here at work on Fridays! This is just our way of giving back to this community. I am really excited to see what everyone comes up with>!!>

just playing.......not my OFFICIAL entry

LOL, NICE!  I was wondering what people were going to do with this...

just playing.......not my OFFICIAL entry

Awesome. This is definitely going on a shirt.

Attached is the EPS version of the USCutter logo.

A Few Quick Questions.. I have been an avid Tshirt Designer for many years and need to know....  1. Do you have a certain amount of colors to be used in the design or will it be full color.. (Ex. Will it be screenprinted with only say 3 colors or will it be Process or DTG printed!) 2nd. If screenprinted do you need overprints for the colors. What color garment are you looking to print it on? this will give all of us a base color to start the design. 3rd Where do we submit the design. I am not sure I want other members to see my design ideas until the end. We are competing for prizes? 4th Can we submit more than 1 design are just one.. If so they should be capped on winnings the same designer should not be able to win multiple prizes..   

Thanks and I look forward to submiting my designs!

CHUCK

[move] :-[<<<--- US CUTTER ROCKS --->>> :-[[/move]

???WOW... for a "NEWBY" you really want to complicate things!?!?!?!?

How about a rule that says ***Do not attempt to use your plotter while driving***... LOL!

This is and always (I hope) will be a "community", we all come here to help one another out and even to ask for help on occasion.

US Cutter (which in my opinion may have a bit more to lose than you) even helps all of us out with products they don't even sell.

The fact that you're worried about someone here looking under your hood, stealing your work or want to turn a graphics project into a t-shirt project makes the whole thing seem tons less fun across the board.

I believe I speak for the rest of the community when I say, If you don't like to share then keep your toys in your own sand box, please?

How about adding a rule that requires you post helpful content at least 20 times before you can participate in any contests or win any prizes?

RG

Attached is the EPS version of the USCutter logo.

A Few Quick Questions.. I have been an avid Tshirt Designer for many years and need to know....  1. Do you have a certain amount of colors to be used in the design or will it be full color.. (Ex. Will it be screenprinted with only say 3 colors or will it be Process or DTG printed!) 2nd. If screenprinted do you need overprints for the colors. What color garment are you looking to print it on? this will give all of us a base color to start the design. 3rd Where do we submit the design. I am not sure I want other members to see my design ideas until the end. We are competing for prizes? 4th Can we submit more than 1 design are just one.. If so they should be capped on winnings the same designer should not be able to win multiple prizes..   

Thanks and I look forward to submiting my designs!

CHUCK

[move] :-[<<<--- US CUTTER ROCKS --->>> :-[[/move]

The rules have been set. All submissions will be posted in this topic. You can use as few or as many colors as you would like, but keep in mind that we were planning on making these T's with vinyl.. if we get something very special we may look into printing, but as of now that is not the plan.

did i really say something to tick people off  i mean really    jeez  u guys dont like new members very much  i guess if ur not part of the crew  dont try to be!

i just asked a few questions and voiced my concerns .... i was not being smart or anything what posses you to take shots at me  = am not afraid someone will take my art  i just think a contest should be just that...  and the reason i am classified as a newbie is that when i first signed up for this board i thought that there were too many arrogant people crituiquing other peoples posts and art. most of the messages i have read on these forums are rude to new users.. clearly i must have been right  ...  as far as your 20 post rule  that could not apply becasue some people in the world are us cutter customers weather they register for a forum or not..  seriously , do u feel more powerful than everyone else because you have posted  alot..  uscutter should view u as bad for business... this clearly changes my opinion about rethinking where my next cutter will come from if i cant enter a contest. 

sorry if I hit a nerve to anyone else but these comments were only directed toward one. if u choose to kick me out of the server for defending myself... well  ok   

I just do not take lightly someone who takes shots and does not know anything about me.. for all they know i may have been the next big thiing in this community    maybe i will have to find another home.....  sorry again......

peace out!

sent from my HTC

We would be over joyed if you would submit an entry Chuck. You seem to know what you are doing so I am interested to see what you come up with. I am not quite sure why you got the not so cheerful greeting above, but I would like to officially welcome you to the USCutter forum and invite you to partake in our little competition here.

did i really say something to tick people off  i mean really    jeez  u guys dont like new members very much   i guess if ur not part of the crew  dont try to be!

i just asked a few questions and voiced my concerns .... i was not being smart or anything what posses you to take shots at me  = am not afraid someone will take my art  i just think a contest should be just that...  and the reason i am classified as a newbie is that when i first signed up for this board i thought that there were too many arrogant people crituiquing other peoples posts and art. most of the messages i have read on these forums are rude to new users.. clearly i must have been right  ...  as far as your 20 post rule  that could not apply becasue some people in the world are us cutter customers weather they register for a forum or not..  seriously , do u feel more powerful than everyone else because you have posted  alot..   uscutter should view u as bad for business... this clearly changes my opinion about rethinking where my next cutter will come from if i cant enter a contest. 

sorry if I hit a nerve to anyone else but these comments were only directed toward one. if u choose to kick me out of the server for defending myself... well  ok     

I just do not take lightly someone who takes shots and does not know anything about me.. for all they know i may have been the next big thiing in this community    maybe i will have to find another home.....   sorry again......

peace out!

sent from my HTC

newbees are welcome here...that's what this forum is all about. All of the questions you asked were intelligent questions. No idea why it struck a nerve with someone.

Chuck , no member really speaks for the forum/community . The response you got definitely doesn't . I did not take offense to your post & I really like a good debate/discussion  :) . Sometimes things are taken much differently depending on the person's current mindset & initial interpretation of the " gist " of the post . I think the member probably read more into it than what you meant .

There is NOT a  " click " in this forum  :-[  ... ( well unless you want to be in my BG click ? )  :thumbsup::rolleyes::D

:thumbsup: My apology Chuck, I was just being a wise a** and poking you a bit with a blunt stick.

Welcome to the forum buddy and I promise I have nothing derogatory to say to anyone that posts their work or asks a question, be it a new member or old timer.

Please take this posting as a big ole welcome bear hug!

BYGONES?

RG

did i really say something to tick people off  i mean really    jeez  u guys dont like new members very much   i guess if ur not part of the crew  dont try to be!

i just asked a few questions and voiced my concerns .... i was not being smart or anything what posses you to take shots at me  = am not afraid someone will take my art  i just think a contest should be just that...  and the reason i am classified as a newbie is that when i first signed up for this board i thought that there were too many arrogant people crituiquing other peoples posts and art. most of the messages i have read on these forums are rude to new users.. clearly i must have been right  ...  as far as your 20 post rule  that could not apply becasue some people in the world are us cutter customers weather they register for a forum or not..  seriously , do u feel more powerful than everyone else because you have posted  alot..   uscutter should view u as bad for business... this clearly changes my opinion about rethinking where my next cutter will come from if i cant enter a contest. 

I just do not take lightly someone who takes shots and does not know anything about me.. for all they know i may have been the next big thiing in this community    maybe i will have to find another home.....   sorry again......

peace out!

sent from my HTC

oooook and back to vectorfest :-[

Heres a quick one to help get the ball rolling :thumbsup:

uscutter-vf1.jpg

Chuck, Please enter the contest and show us what you got...i didn't see anything wrong with your post.  I will try to enter something myself.  Best of luck to all who enter.  Lets have fun doing so!

MeCh.. That is an excellent entry, very cool! I wanna wear that around the US Cutter warehouse very much, plus I just like the simple front with the impact on the back... We kid around a lot, so I really like you design!