Sign in to follow this  
greeksican

mh-871 not reading on my laptop

I have been spending the last couple of days reading some post by people relating to the same thing that I have but it seem like everyone had gotten theirs to work.  I feel like I have tried everything but when I go to cut in sb it does nothing.  Please help!

maybe you can post a screen shots of your set up and device manager,, sounds like computer /cutter not talking to each other. 

I'm using SignBlazer with Flexi Starter on my laptop with Vista. It can be picky at times. I just make sure all settings match.

In Sb on plotter settings:

Baud Rate: 9600

Data Bits:  8

Parity:        None

Stop Bits:  1

Flow Cobtriol: Hardware

Com 4: USB Serial Port

Then in your Device Manager look for the following:

Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers:

USB Serial Converter:

On the Advance tab my VCP is checked. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problems.

The check under COM (Com&Lpt):

It should so USB Serial Port (*) *meaning what ever port you're using. Mine happens to be Com 4.

Then check it's properties to make sure they match what you have in SB or any other program you're using.

Hope this helps.

first, I would like to say thank you for responding.  With that I am sorry speedoggy but I dont know how to do screen shots also pinhead I looked at the settings and I have the same in sb but it is in usb001 and the same in my device manager.

first, I would like to say thank you for responding.  With that I am sorry speedoggy but I dont know how to do screen shots also pinhead I looked at the settings and I have the same in sb but it is in usb001 and the same in my device manager.

a screen shot>,,  just take a picture of you monitor screen when you have the setting showings and your device manager open,,  it can be with a digital camera, or cellphone,  just anything you can take a picture with and can upload to your computer.

USB001 is incorrect. Should look like: Blazer COM#- USB Serial Port

ok so thank you to everyone that helped me out.  I gave up on my laptop and hooked it up on an older desktop that I have, so that I can use the com port and it worked with no problem. Ok here is another problem, I imported and image I designed in photoshop( saved it as jpeg) and when I press cut it says "contains a bitmap". What do I have to do.  Thank you

import the image into  www.inkscape.org    and vectorize it,  save it as .eps  then import into your cutting software.    plenty of info here in the inksacape thread to walk you right thru it,  videos also, 

Step by step instructions found in the InkScape section. SignBlazer will vectorize the image as well if it is set to 1 bit (monochrome), but does not produce better quality results like InkScape.