Sign in to follow this  
seretni

What software to use??

Hello everyone, i have purchased a uscutter 24" MH plotter.

From a friend that wasnt using it for a while, the problem is i he didnt have the software for me. So im a bit lost in what software to use.

Whaat software would you recommend me without taking in account its price? only quality. Flexi isnt an option so what are the other options and which one will be the best??

Thank you

A i have to say that i use Adobe illustrator a lot , and i will do my designs with it. is signblazer compatibel with it?.

Also i told you wrong its not an MH its a laserpoint wich i think is better :thumbsup:

I should haave tell you what i will use it for, Im a designer as well as an aibbrush artist so my plotter will be mostly used to.

-Design , decals/masks, for airbrushing. I ahve full control of Adobe illustrator for this, so i can export to EPS.

-I would like to do a lot of Contour cut, i think its called like this. I mean cutting the decal in vinyl and then cutting the contour of it throuh the full material (vinyl + backpaper).

So with SignBlazer i could do that??

thank you, for so fast answers :thumbsup:

I use illustrator and just Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V right into SB, it works great, much better than exporting to .eps and trying to open in SB.

Occasionally, a few weird things will happen, especially if you do a lot of node editing in Illy, but it can almost always be fixed with a few tricks.  Check out the Illustrator forum.

Ok, I have downloaded SB and looks really easy to use.

Its true they need to work a bit in their splash + interfaces  ;D but anyway i just want to cut stuff  and its seemed quite easy, is it good also for drawing with the pen atachment?? i really want to try this accesory :thumbsup:.

Any information about the contour cut??

Flexisign looks very profesional but i couldnt make it work in my vista pc so Signblazer is the choosen one, as soon as my vinyl rolls arrive i ill start to post stuff here :thumbsup:. I ahve to advise you that im a really productive designer, i cant stop a moment i love to be doing stuff all the time (even if its s**t :D )

Thank you everyone.

I have been using Signblazer for about 5 months, and I like it a lot. I use Inkscape for a lot of vectoring. Ifranview for some of the conversions needed occasionally and have tried CorelDraw and Illustrator with Signcut X2. Both great programs, but I had trouble with Signcut, I couldn't get consistent results from it. But I now have Flexisign pro 8, and wouldn't trade it for any of the others. It a great piece of software, and quicker learning than Illy or Corel I think.

Signblazer is a great place to start, and will suffice for 90% of the stuff you would like to do. It has some great one click tools that in other programs take multiple steps to do. So to start out it is really a nice piece of software to have.

Kevin