Sign in to follow this  
MikeMan

Advice on Laminators?

Please excuse my ignorance, but would this laminator work OK for laminating wrap vinyl?  I really don't know anything about laminators and the prices seem to be all over the map.  I'm hoping to land a used ValueJet 1204 shortly and I know I'll need a cold laminator for wrapping, but don't know why some cost so much more than others.  If anybody has some advice on the most bang for the buck I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/55-Cold-laminator-mounting-laminating-digital-prints_W0QQitemZ180408607627QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPrinter_Accessories?hash=item2a0130e38b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Mike, I will tell you this....My laminator is the single BEST investment I have made...You can do tons of stuff with it from car warps to applying transfer tape...I use mine to mount all of the signs that will fit through it....I can't tell you much about this one but the one I have is a signsupply usa house brand...Mybe some one else knows about this one your looking at, get a lam you will love it!

I would be careful buying one on ebay. I love mine it's a seal bought it from a supplier in NJ. I have heard of people getting new laminators and having bad rollers. The company replaced them for free as they should but i dont know if i would trust someone on ebay to do that. I know there are good people on ebay but i would feel safer going with a brand name / known company for a large purchase.

If you can budget a nice one go for it, you wont be dissapointed. SEAL is the baddest thing around. I think they go for around 7K(ff extreme knows about these ones)

Royal soverign. not sure of the spelling but google it. they are good too

if you only have a couple thousand

maybe try a daige quickmount...

If you only have a couple hundred dollars. buy a big squeegee<<<---one of the best items i have ever bought

Thanks everybody for the advice!  I'm budgeting about 2K for a laminator that can handle at least 48".  I'm not opposed to a used one either.  I'm really extending myself to get the printer and hoping I can sub out the lamination on first few jobs.  Again thank-you!  This forum rocks.

Mike

I just ordered a 55" Daige Solo last night...  :thumbsup:

I'll let everybody know how it works out.

Mike