haumana

Ready buy, but need some guidance ...

I admit to being a total noob to cutting plotters. Wanted two-cents from anyone out there willing to share it.

I'm ready to buy a cutter, but am not sure which would be the best for me. I do not plan on going into any type of sign-making business. The cutter will mostly be for hobby stuff, and maybe do some local decal/sticker stuff (nothing huge in quantity) - but probably mostly stuff for my friends and family.

That being said, I wanted to know y'all think would be the best "fit". The PCUT 24", PCUT 36", or the Copam 24". Of course the better the price the more appealing, but I was also consider using the plotter as a pen plotter every once in a while - to run of some CAD drawings now and then. And since this is such a new thing for me, is the stand for the plotter recommended? I'm just wondering how much desk space it would take if I got a plotter without the stand.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I hope you're willing to take the time to post a reply.

Guest fivestar

If you are just using it for hobby stuff I'd say the Pcut would be fine, as far as width I'd say the 24" would be fine and I definitely recommend a stand.

Guest sciondrgn

I have the Pcut 36 and love it. For waht you are wanting to do with it I would say the Pcut 24 would be a good buy.  ;)

Welcome to our forums!

The PCut is great for the price and a good unit. The Copam is the best unit we sell if you can swing the price difference.

Thanks for advice. My next questions is this ...

I'm located in Hawai'i. Should I be buying my cutter through eBay (at a cheaper price with a shorter warranty) or direct (with a longer warranty)?

I guess my issue is that because I'm located off the continental US, I don't think I that packing up the cutter for shipment back and forth and my dime is really cost effective.

Any thoughts about that??

Do you think there is any chance that the PCUT 36" will be listed on eBay.

I'm thinking that the 36" might be the happy medium.

Although I still want to know everyone's thoughts on the warranty issue.

If it was me,and I lived where you do, I would buy on ebay. Unless the cutter is just totally bad,Ken usually just ships you the part you need. I don't think there is a single part in the cutter that would cost as much as shipping the cutter back to the mainland for repair. So,to sum up,it would be cheaper for you in the long run just to go with the shorter ebay warranty..give it a good workout as soon as you get it,then after the warranty runs out, buy parts as needed. IF needed. The only thing I've ever had to buy on any of my cutters is the cutting strip and I work them to death,365 days a year.;

Any advice on the PCUT 24" vs. LaserPoint 25"?

Decisions, decisions.

LaserPoint is a step up because of the laser, and the stand comes with a catch basket!!

:(

You must be a glutton for punishment Ken...remember how many people had problems putting just the STAND together? Now you add the basket.

Any chance of offering the basket on its own at some future point?

Cool, so the LaserPoint is a step-up from the PCUT beacuse of the laser.

I think that helped my decision.

• Can the LaserPoint to pen plotting as well?
    Will you be offering the LaserPoint on your webstore later?
    Is there a 36" LaserPoint?

I know, I know ... I thought I had finally decided too. :-

You must be a glutton for punishment Ken...remember how many people had problems putting just the STAND together? Now you add the basket.

lol      indeed

Not sure about offering the basket seperately.....I have not heard.

Cool, so the LaserPoint is a step-up from the PCUT beacuse of the laser.

I think that helped my decision.

• Can the LaserPoint to pen plotting as well?
    Will you be offering the LaserPoint on your webstore later?
    Is there a 36" LaserPoint?

I know, I know ... I thought I had finally decided too. :-

It will do pen plotting like the other models we offer. Not sure about the others.

lol      indeed

lol      indeed

Run it past Marcus as a suggestion..Just think of all the cutters you have sold. If only 10% of us bought a basket..that's a lot of baskets.